Change Template?

Hai,

I have set my settings in the admin: Enable Users to Change Templates

But i have looked everywhere but i cant find where my users can change it?

I have 9 templates. And only the default is running know. But I want every user to choose there own template...

Someone any idea?

Thanks in Advance

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

i dont know where its at, but i do see a potential problem in allowing your users to change the templates. any time you do a mod, it is most specifically sometimes directly to the template you are running. so if you have modded say the uni template, and you have 8 others that have not had the same mod applied, there is no telling what would be served up to the users. i think what you are looking for and would be more beneficial would be the profiles mod where the users can dress up their profiles, not necessariy the entire site.

hope this sheds some light on this issue.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Thanks DosDawg for your quick repley and helping me againWink

Yes but i am installing mods manualy, not throw the admin panel. And i am willing to do that throw every template. (if i want a good site, i must work for itTongue out)

Thanks for the profiles mod, i have seen it already. I am gonna buy it soon but still i want the extra fuction to change the templates that the site has already. Only i dont know where to find the option and if i cant find it then my users cant find it at all. So is there a mod to get the diffrent templates that I have already in my site on the top of my page, right under the user photo? Or where can i find the template change option that the dolphin script has already?

sorosh

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Thanks DosDawg for your quick repley and helping me againWink

Yes but i am installing mods manualy, not throw the admin panel. And i am willing to do that throw every template. (if i want a good site, i must work for itTongue out)

Thanks for the profiles mod, i have seen it already. I am gonna buy it soon but still i want the extra fuction to change the templates that the site has already. Only i dont know where to find the option and if i cant find it then my users cant find it at all. So is there a mod to get the diffrent templates that I have already in my site on the top of my page, right under the user photo? Or where can i find the template change option that the dolphin script has already?

sorosh

send me your url and i will register and see what i can find on there.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Send you a private message.Smile

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

ok this appears to be a legitimate complaint here. i just tried this on one of my sites. twincitybands.com which has the default template uni on there and one template that i customized myself. the template that i customized, when the box is ticked to allow users to change the template shows the list of templates in the upper left hand corner. but once the user would change to another template, that option is no longer available on the (on my site anyhow) uni template. this is some sort of a glitch, and i will have to do some digging to find out what is going on. i will update this post if i come up with anything.

later,
DosDawg

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

I will look forward to it, and if someone has a solution then please share becasue i dont know..

EDIT:

I am canceling this project. I am going to a foreign country for my studie. So will not be around anymore.

Best regards, sorosh

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.