Change or improve TinyMCE - Dolphin 7.3.5

Hello, 

I use 7.3.5 version , i was wondering whether i could change the TinyMCE editor into a better one or add more features. It seems very basic (please check the attachment) and it's hard to edit my articles .

Any suggestion?

Thanks

TinyMCE.jpg · 24.9K · 198 views
Quote · 22 Aug 2018

I think you can add new features by going to the Tinymce config file, but that may depend on the Boonex license. As far as I'm aware, the Tinymce you use to post on this forum is the same, but more features have been added in the config.

There's a tonne of stuff on the Internet that tells you how to tweak the config, but as I haven't bothered doing it I can't tell you much more. Keep in mind that your members will be able to access the same features, so try not to make it to overwhelming for them.

Quote · 22 Aug 2018

Yes, you can add new features.  The script that controls the TinyMCE inits; there are three or four for different areas of the site, is located in /templates/Base/Scripts/BxBaseEditorTinyMCE.php.  You can read up on TinyMCE inits at http://tinymce.com.  Keep in mind that if you change that file it could be overwritten by an update.  Either note the changes or make a backup of the file once you made your changes or you can copy it to the template you are using so that it won't be overwritten.  If you don't have the skill to do this I am available for hire; just send me a PM.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 22 Aug 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.