Changing background image - part 2

Quote · 5 Sep 2013

Hi guys! Thanks for your incredibly helpful posts.

Unfortunately for me, I am having an issue using these steps to change the background image on a third party  template (by BSEtec) and hoped that someone might have a spare moment to help me solve this issue.

So, if anyone is willing to help...

I have edited the common.css file (i.e. templates/tmpl_thirdptytemplate_newbg/css/common.css), uploaded my desired image into the template's image folder (templates/tmpl_thirdptytemplate_newbg/images), cleared the dolphin cache and turned off all the caching options. Where others (via the forum topic link I posted above) have successfully changed their background color/image in the templates/base folder, I have not.

Is this because I am running a trial version of Dolphin 7.1.4? Is it because third party templates cannot be modified? Or, ??

Thanks for taking the time to read. I appreciate your time and consideration!!

Quote · 5 Sep 2013

Please post your css here from common.css.

Perhaps it's a simple typo..

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine...
Quote · 5 Sep 2013

Good point. One can never look too carefully at these things.

Here it is:

body {
    background-image: url(../images/1-bodyback.png);
    margin:0px;
    padding:0 0 50px 0;   
}

.clear_both {
    width: 0px;...

Thanks!

Quote · 5 Sep 2013

Try using:

body {
    background-image: url(http://www.yoursite/templates/tmpl_yourtemplate/images/1-bodyback.png);
    margin:0px;
    padding:0 0 50px 0;    
}

Also ensure that image is in the current template images folder.
This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine...
Quote · 5 Sep 2013

So, I have successfully changed the background for my site...now, I have a new problem--well, new for me. As I said, the background is now changed, but now the template is not showing up at all. The rest of my site has reverted back to the default template.

Any insights? It seems I am not the only one who has had this issue...

Thanks again, all.

Quote · 12 Sep 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.