Changing the name of the orca folder V6.1.4

To change folder orca to forums. version 6.1.4

• IMPORTANT !! Make Back Ups of all original Files and DataBase.

• In file orca/xml/config.php change;

$path = BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_ROOT . 'orca/'; // path to orca files

to

$path = BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_ROOT . 'forums/'; // path to orca files

and change;

$gConf['url']['base'] = $site['url'] . 'orca/'; // base url

to

$gConf['url']['base'] = $site['url'] . 'forums/'; // base url

• In groups/orca/xml/config.php change:

$gConf['dir']['config'] = $path . '../../orca/conf/params.conf'; // config

to

$gConf['dir']['config'] = $path . '../../forums/conf/params.conf'; // config

and

$gConf['dir']['langs'] = $path . '../../orca/xml/langs/'; // lang files locaiton

to

$gConf['dir']['langs'] = $path . '../../forums/xml/langs/'; // lang files locaiton

• Then Rename the orca folder to forums and change links in ADMIN PANEL - Navigation Menu Builder - Forums.

• Then phpmyadmin your data base : on Tables;

AdminMenu - Orca Forum edit the url from ../orca/ to ../forums/

SiteStat - tps edit UserLink from orca to forums

SiteStat - pts edit UserLink from orca to forums

• After this in ADMIN PANEL - Navigation Menu Builder under forums replace the items with new ie Search, My Topics and My Flags and edit urls to reflect new paths as the original ones are not editable.

Don't forget to change your RSS urls accordingly and RECOMPILE LANGUAGES

That's it.... check it out Truckers Forum

Quote · 11 Aug 2008

Very cool!! Fairly easy to follow too!! I did have to make some customizations to the admin builder to change the links in the navigagion menu, but for the most part this seems to be right on!!

I will continue testing it over the next few days.

My orca is now forums which everyone seems to be wanting.

Testing in progress at:

http://www.dialme.com

Orca Forum at:

http://www.dialme.com/forums

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 5 Sep 2008

gametopia please do keep us informed if this is working and continues to work for you....

Looks as if lancashiredates has scored another home run! (Now what do they call that in Cricket?)Laughing

Quote · 5 Sep 2008

I just wanted to update this one as well. Seems like an update night for me.

This one by lancashiredates is right on, he has others for previous versions if I remember right so look around if you need others.

So many ask for this, and this does work well. Only thing I had to do was actually remove all my admin nav builders for the orginal orca's and re-do them as admin was greyed out when trying to change them. This only took a few seconds. Drop them to inactive and add new.

Great mod and very easy to follow. Works perfect, no errors or problems. Add this to your list of to do's!!

Thanks lancashiredates!!

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 12 Sep 2008

I don't get it - how can changing language key change the url?   If you made the language key corrections, the install directory will still be /orca - correct?   If you change that url in the menu builder then it won't work at all will it - since Orca is not installed there.   This mod is on my list, but if there is an easy way to do it with language keys, I will take that instead.

Quote · 18 Oct 2008

Thank you - I avoided this mod for exactly that reason.  I thought you were saying we could change the directory name with language keys, and thus bypass this mod entirely.  I don't like the /orca directory name but will likely live with it to make the next upgrade less of a mess.

Quote · 18 Oct 2008

I too would like my orca folder link to be something else -- any easier way?

Quote · 20 Oct 2008

Hello,

I am using latest version of dolphin and orca, i followed your steps and now i have a problem like

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*/public_html/forums/xml/config.php:265) in /home/penpal/public_html/forums/inc/util.inc.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*/public_html/forums/xml/config.php:265) in /home/penpal/public_html/forums/inc/util.inc.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*/public_html/forums/xml/config.php:265) in /home/penpal/public_html/forums/inc/util.inc.php on line 38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*/public_html/forums/xml/config.php:265) in /home/penpal/public_html/forums/inc/util.inc.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*/public_html/forums/xml/config.php:265) in /home/*/public_html/forums/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 61

What can be reason for those errors at top of the forums.

Quote · 24 Dec 2008

hey guys i can help

i'll rename the orca to any name you like

for only $ 10

$5 upfront and $5 when done

:))

pm me if you are interested

Quote · 24 Dec 2008

who says 30 day of experience

if im a new member here that doesn't mean i got 30 day of experience lol :)

proof of coding well i did mention " if you are interested pm me"

i can provide my site link to take a look around and see it for your self :)))

and yes i do apologize to everyone out there for posting my work offer here :)))

%100 satisfaction guarantee or money back

Quote · 25 Dec 2008

^^^These forums are not for soliciting work or advertising.  I'm sure with your 31 Days experience in Dolphin, Zero Dolphin Communities Active and no real proof of your coding skills people are going to jump all over that chance to pay you to work on their sites.

You need to recompile your language.

Please follow these instructions very closely, very very very closely.

Go to http://your_site.com/admin/index.php

Enter your Admin Login & Password .  Click on the Grey "Enter" Button below the text box that says password.

Now scroll the the Left side.  Do you see all the Grey Buttons?  Click on the one that says... "Settings"

Now scroll down through the list and click on the one that says "Language Settings"

Language
Default site language: English

Language Files
New language: Code: Copy from: English Flag:

Language Flag
English [en] (default) Edit Compile ***Click Here*** Delete

Click on the word "Compile"

This will compile your language.

Thanks for detailed explanation. I compiled dolpin and orca language and nothing changed. Should i have to edit anything from language files?

I couldn't manage how to change RSS paths, can it be because of that? Can someone tell me how can i change my rss paths?

Quote · 25 Dec 2008

looks like someone is pissed of

i just don't know why :))

so many members and you are the only one that has a problem with me posting that post :))

let's just put this behind  us

merry christmas Tongue out

Quote · 25 Dec 2008

I am having a ad free license and following the mentioned instructions  i  renamed the orca to forum, to my surprise the boonex powered by links re-appeared on my site

I contacted boonex support and they told me that i have to revert the changes to remove the powered by links.

Is there any other way to rename the orca folder in 6.1.4 ad free version.

Quote · 29 Jul 2009

Interestingly enough upon doing this change to one of my sites, the Forum Box on the member's ACCOUNT HOME just spins and spins...does NOT show the posts made by that user. What needs to be changed here?

-

Thanks.

~~Lorren

Quote · 14 Aug 2009

Interestingly enough upon doing this change to one of my sites, the Forum Box on the member's ACCOUNT HOME just spins and spins...does NOT show the posts made by that user. What needs to be changed here?

-

Thanks.

~~Lorren

Quote · 15 Aug 2009

Lorren,

You have changed the name of the folder where your orca is, so you will also need to tell your RSS Feed to look in that folder instead of the orca folder.

i.e:

Goto Admin Panel - Pages Builder - Homepage

Click on the Forum Posts Button and change accordingly

{SiteUrl}orca/?action=rss_all

To:

{SiteUrl}YourNewFolderName/?action=rss_all

Dave....

Quote · 26 Aug 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.