Chat+ - part 2

Chat+
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

I asked this once before but never got an answer; "Is this integrated into Dolphin?"  The test sites I saw you had to log in.  If this is installed in Dolphin,. is it integrated so that members log into the Dolphin site and are logged into the chat; so they can just click on Chat and go to the Chat room?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

now having a working copy, i was able to play a little bit. ut basically, theres a Dolphin Connect button that pulls in logged in users info - upon approval from user - and creates a chat user and logs them in. You an try here:

cvp71.com

uname: testuser

pword: testuser

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

OK, video quality is cool, but audio is really sucking. Can barely hear each other using two phones. But just the fact that it worked without any SSL was satisfying in my book. Any tips on increasing the sound?

Edit: After starting a new connection, the audio improved.

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

Why does it constantly ask to download and run / save a file called "livechat" every time you navigate to a page.

Quote · 11 Feb 2016

Why does it constantly ask to download and run / save a file called "livechat" every time you navigate to a page.

Are you using Edge, by chance?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

No, I've seen it when using Windows 7 Professional and IE 11

It does it when going to the Demo Site for 7.3B2

https://demozzz.com/dolphin730b/

Quote · 11 Feb 2016

I asked this once before but never got an answer; "Is this integrated into Dolphin?"  The test sites I saw you had to log in.  If this is installed in Dolphin,. is it integrated so that members log into the Dolphin site and are logged into the chat; so they can just click on Chat and go to the Chat room?

At the moment they would at least have to use the Dolphin Connect link to authenticate. We are looking into ways to bypass this, however. Chat+ will be getting more and more integrated, gradually.

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

Edge or IE any flavor and you get a download package that is all html.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

But it doesn't matter if you Download, Save, Run or whatever, the Chat doesn't work either. 

Quote · 11 Feb 2016

But it doesn't matter if you Download, Save, Run or whatever, the Chat doesn't work either. 

It does for me.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 11 Feb 2016

It does for me.

I only get the option to Open, Save, or Cancel. If I select Open, then it asks me to select "What program would I like to Open it with?  

Quote · 12 Feb 2016

jsut throwing this out there, but when it asks you what program, is there an option to select your web browser?

caredesign.net
Quote · 12 Feb 2016

jsut throwing this out there, but when it asks you what program, is there an option to select your web browser?

Umm yes, I did that and it opens a blank page out of the Temporary Internet Files Folder.

On the Demo Site I do see a White Box in the lower right corner which I'm assuming is suppose to be the Chat Box, but it is non-functional, you can't open it or whatever its suppose to do.

Quote · 12 Feb 2016

Does anybody know an easy tweak to make chat show up as the dolphin homepage for a chat based site that guests can use? 

Quote · 13 Feb 2016

@mayzfield - if yo ujust want a chat as a site - i downloaded and installed the rocket chat server and it has the ability for users to create accounts - where the available server from Boonex only allows for Connections from other sites.

that may be an option

caredesign.net
Quote · 13 Feb 2016

@AlexT again Bad Gateway 502 Chat+ not downloadable

Quote · 30 Jan 2017

At the moment they would at least have to use the Dolphin Connect link to authenticate. We are looking into ways to bypass this, however. Chat+ will be getting more and more integrated, gradually.

Can you clarify this? You're not saying it requires the dolphin connect module, correct? Because we have this set up and working wonderfully and it only requires the oauth2 and chat+ modules installed.

Also, we are currently using the free beta test Cloud Servers at rocket.chat since we were able to work with them to get the dolphin oauth added to their official release the run on their own servers.

We are near launching our site. If anyone wants to login in and check out the chat integration feel free to sign up at mobstrik.com

Quote · 17 Feb 2017

For the Rocket.Chat, only OAuth2 and Chat+  modules are needed. Dolphin Connect module isn't needed for Rocket.Chat integration.

Can you clarify this? You're not saying it requires the dolphin connect module, correct? Because we have this set up and working wonderfully and it only requires the oauth2 and chat+ modules installed.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 25 Feb 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.