Chat not working

Hi

I can't get the chat module to work. I have installed everything that says chat, but all i am getting when i got to chat home is a heading that says chat and nothing else. I put on the default template to see if it was my template but its not, the chat just doesn't work. what am i missing here?

Quote · 2 Sep 2017

Your browser doesn't have Adobe Flash installed, or it's disabled.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 2 Sep 2017

ah weird, everything seems to automatically have flash turned off now. Maybe flash is becoming less used nowdays

Quote · 2 Sep 2017

I'm trying to find a chat that's a bit more responsive than the standard dolphin chat if anyone has any ideas, i have looked at the ones on the market and there doesn't appear to be many.

Quote · 2 Sep 2017

the Chat+ is probably your best bet

caredesign.net
Quote · 3 Sep 2017

I totally don't understand chat+. I have no idea what the OAuth2 thing is. it says to generate a key in chat settings, but all it does is ask me for a url with no explanation of what url? a url to what? I just don't get it. 

Quote · 4 Sep 2017

make sure that the OAuth2 and the CHat+ modules are installed in your dolphin site

go to modules - oauth2

in the top section - enter the title for your chat server - whatever you want - and the url of your chat server - as an example - mine is https://chat.ccftechspot.cf - click submit. This will create a client key and a secret key.

Go into your Chat server - go to Administration section - scroll down to OAuth and click - then expand the dolphin section. Enter the client and secret keys you got from your dolphin site in this section. Change other settings to fit your needs and enable.

In the Chat+ app, enter url and name for your chat server here as well - no keys will be provided. You are just setting the url for the iframe - which is all the Chat+ module is - for your chat server.

Provided you have the Chat server set up properly, now when clicking on the Chat navigation menu, you will get a page with the chat in it, and you r users can login with their dolphin credentials by simply clicking the button.

If you need more help, just pm me - I can get you set up.

caredesign.net
Quote · 5 Sep 2017

We've just updated Jot Messenger adding file/image attachments. Testing actively on UNA now and as soon as full UNA9rc2 is released (any day now), we'll start working on JOT Messenger integration with Dolphin. We estimate about 3-4 weeks for integration, which should be a proper full integration withou the need for SSO login, iframe or separate window. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 5 Sep 2017

My understanding is that Chat+ is for setting up full chat rooms and that JOT messenger is more of a one one one chat; where you can invite others to come in but it is not really a Chat room type situation.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Sep 2017

That's correct, GG. I've posted about differences here - https://una.io/page/view-post?id=32

The JOT Messenger also works for group talks, but not the same way is Rocket.Chat. You need to embed a talk into a page elsewhere on the site (like a Group or Event page, or even the homepage). And any member who can see that page can then participate in the group talk. They will only show in the list of participants aftety they post at least one message/file/photo/repost (jot). In a classic Chat scenario you have "rooms" or channels, which are usually created by admins or users from inside the chat, and whoever joins the room is shown in the list of participants. 

I should note, however, that in the nearest future we plan to add custom channels, which will make it possible to use JOT as a classic chat as well.

Another important update that's coming is the ability to create new talks referenced to a message in an existing talk. This is an important distinction feature. Chats can be very noisy and chaotic, and the solution of "threads" offered by Slack-like chats is not really effective. For example, when somebody wants to elaborate on some specific message within the chat, but the chat itself has moved on to other topics, one can create a new talk based on that specific message, and invite the participants as needed. Kind of like when a large group of people is talking and a few of them decide to take a moment and discuss something in private between themselves. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 6 Sep 2017

Hello experts!

I'm trying to configure chat+ server on my test website to test it, I've successfully installed the chat+ server on my hosting.

I'm able to login to the chat server and added OAuth2 credentials and chat url but it is showing blank chat window on the website.

Could anyone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you so much in advance!

Quote · 18 Apr 2018

We've just updated Jot Messenger adding file/image attachments. Testing actively on UNA now and as soon as full UNA9rc2 is released (any day now), we'll start working on JOT Messenger integration with Dolphin. We estimate about 3-4 weeks for integration, which should be a proper full integration withou the need for SSO login, iframe or separate window. 

When will the jot messenger gets integrated

Quote · 20 Apr 2018

When will you integrate jot messenger? if not please post reply.

Quote · 16 May 2018

Hello 

Quote · 21 May 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.