Click a date in the Birthday on Join on IE 8 reloads back to homepage

I have tried on Firefox, the IE that comes with Windows 7 and another browser and on the join page if you click on the birthday field to expand to the calender, it works. On IE 8 When you select the month, year and date, it reloads back to the home page. It doesnt matter if you fill in any other fields or just go straight to the birthday field, it reloads the home page.

The other browsers work fine. Just IE 8 doesnt work. even on compatability mode.

Any sort of a fix for this?

Quote · 12 Apr 2012

ok i just found out that the birthdate profile field does the same thing during Edit profile too..

Only on IE8, you click the field, it opens up the calender you select the month, the year, and when you click on the day, it loads up the homepage.  Not saving the date change.

Im just going to remove the birthdate profile field from the join page, until I can figure out why it doesnt work with Internet Explorer 8

Quote · 13 Apr 2012

I had that same problem on a site about a year ago, never did find problem.

first off,

• what version of D are you running
  • are you using a custom template
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 13 Apr 2012

Nevermind, I went to a totally different computer that hasnt loaded up the site before that had IE 8 installed, and it works fine. There must be something on this computer that is causing it to reload the homepage

Quote · 13 Apr 2012

Im not really running a custom template sort of. I just took UNI make a copy, gave it a different name, and just changed images, and icons, really.

I work on my site on 2 different computers, but when I am work, like right now I can test it on different computers because they all have different browsers. Apparently the computer I use on at work, has something wrong with the way IE8 interacts with that birthdate thing. The other computer here at work, with IE8 works fine.

Quote · 13 Apr 2012

OK cool, thanks for posting what you found!

Quote · 13 Apr 2012

OK cool, thanks for posting what you found!

Hummm...what did he found really?

It would be nice to know what can cause this on someones computer...we have had the exact same type of complaints from our users...what should I tell them? "There is something wrong in your computer, I don't know what, but please use another one"? Do you think they will buy it? No, it will be seen as a problem in the site and that our answer is a poor excuse for our errors...

Sleepless
Quote · 13 Apr 2012

I would still like to know what versions of Dolphin are you running, it is important.

Quote · 13 Apr 2012

We're running 7.0.9 (fully upgraded with every new release and tweak) and having the same issue.

Quote · 30 Jul 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.