Configuration server vps, dedicated server

Hi.
Is there anyone on board who have done the whole tutorial on setting up a dedicated server, vps, or from installation to configuration of the entire e-mail, firewall, cron, dns, php, mysql, rms, optimizing the database and so on ...
For example: a layman comes to the page script boonex.com sees itself and wants to configure a server at home because he has 100mg internet connection at home and wants to do it myself because he likes learning new things. I would like to form a whole such a tutorial from A to Z because everyone who comes has a problem with the server configuration, and then the developer must seek to accommodate him and installed him to pay for each service, because the forum are always reply brief reference to other Web sites and is not This is well explained.

Would have been nice if it was a whole description of the example nginx because it is more efficient than apache.

Thanks

Quote · 21 Dec 2010

Just out of curiosity you have a 100mb internet connection. That is usually download. What is your upload? If going through your internet provider you would want to figure out your upload too. When hosting a server in your home or locally you can assume backwards speeds. Ie...when someone logs into your site and downloads a file or page your home server is uploading it to them, so you need adequate speed to pump it to them. And, when they upload it will be your download speed. Depending on where you live, but here in the u.s. the upload speed is still crap compared to download. Make sure you take that into consideration. It's not 100 mb in and out usually. And even so that is 100 mbps (megabit per second) which is different than 100 MBps (megabytes per second). Plus when they say they give you 100 mbps they usually don't mean you can run it wide open 24-7 at the home internet user level. They will can your connection or force you to upgrade at least here in the u.s. Something to think about and look into anyway.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 26 Dec 2010

Hi.
Is there anyone on board who have done the whole tutorial on setting up a dedicated server, vps, or from installation to configuration of the entire e-mail, firewall, cron, dns, php, mysql, rms, optimizing the database and so on ...
For example: a layman comes to the page script boonex.com sees itself and wants to configure a server at home because he has 100mg internet connection at home and wants to do it myself because he likes learning new things. I would like to form a whole such a tutorial from A to Z because everyone who comes has a problem with the server configuration, and then the developer must seek to accommodate him and installed him to pay for each service, because the forum are always reply brief reference to other Web sites and is not This is well explained.

Would have been nice if it was a whole description of the example nginx because it is more efficient than apache.

Thanks

It's not just like setting everything up. Most controlpanels don't even have support for nginx. You simple have to know a lot of things to setup a server as LNMP (Linux Nginx MySQL, PHP) and setting up postfix with the hole shabang is not done under a after noon either.

Start with setting up a home server and play around with it, when you feel you have the knowledge to setup and maintain it, AND be able to solve problems when they get around, then you'r ready. I have been dealing with Linux since 96 and for every day i understand how little i really know.

Go for an managed vps or hire an administrator if you need to have your own dedicated server, or setup CentOS with cPanel.

Quote · 14 Apr 2011

Just out of curiosity you have a 100mb internet connection. That is usually download. What is your upload? If going through your internet provider you would want to figure out your upload too. When hosting a server in your home or locally you can assume backwards speeds. Ie...when someone logs into your site and downloads a file or page your home server is uploading it to them, so you need adequate speed to pump it to them. And, when they upload it will be your download speed. Depending on where you live, but here in the u.s. the upload speed is still crap compared to download. Make sure you take that into consideration. It's not 100 mb in and out usually. And even so that is 100 mbps (megabit per second) which is different than 100 MBps (megabytes per second). Plus when they say they give you 100 mbps they usually don't mean you can run it wide open 24-7 at the home internet user level. They will can your connection or force you to upgrade at least here in the u.s. Something to think about and look into anyway.

You'r not a swede right ? 7 years ago before I moved to Thailand I had 100Mbit into my apartment, now 2011 the HSB Bolina http://www.hsb.se/malmo/bolina is upgrading each apartment to 1000MBIT! I'm guessing you'r living in the wrong country ;)

Some other isp's in sweden offering 100mbit aswell, yes full duplex, you get a tp cable in your hand basicly, in the universites they give 100mbit to students aswell, why you think Sweden had most of the worlds pirates sites there ?

But one thing is correct, instead of complain that my link was used to 80% around the clock, the bandwidth was really bad outside scandinavia, but still around 500Kbytes/s (again, this was 7 years ago)

Quote · 14 Apr 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.