Couple's Bugs.. Need a Ticket Please.

While assisting another member, it was discovered that several issues existed with Couple's profiles. Below is a description of the problem.

After a member sets up a couple profile, the following appears on the homepage:

Problems:

1) When you click either the CoupleTest or CoupleTest(2). you are directed to CoupleTest's profile page (ex. www.mysite.com/CoupleTest). You can manually add a (2) after CoupleTest to get to the 2nd profile.

2) Considering that a profile for CoupleTest(2) DOES exist, this means you should be able to email them, simple chat, post on wall, etc.. but here is the problem, There is only ONE username. How will you EVER know that CoupleTest(2) is signed on???? Their yellow online dot will never light up.. They cant access nothing.

Suggestions:

- Fix the link to the 2nd profile

- Add an area in the join form that will auto-populate a loginID for the 2nd member (ex. CoupleTest2). They both will share the same password. This way, you will know "which" of the persons whose logged in.

- If the second user can not have their own login, then I would suggest removing the feature to allow couples. No need to have this available if only 1 person shows online, only 1 can receive emails, etc.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Zarcon

Nothing to see here
Quote · 16 Oct 2009

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/1313

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 16 Oct 2009

Thank you AlexT

Nothing to see here
Quote · 16 Oct 2009

I think the couples needs to be visted more than hiding the second one.

When you login as a couple and try to change the profile you can only change the first person's information.  When you click on avatar it will only allow you to change the picture of the first person, how is the second person ever supposed to change pictures or interact iwth the website?

When you go into the profile section you can only change the information concerning the first person.  Again there is no possible way to change the 2nd person's information for when you hit edit on the profile, it only shows the general information of the first user; nothing of the second user (all the good stuff, locations, birthday, head line etc..

Finally, in general informaiton only the first user has his full stats displayed in terms of country, city, age.  The 2nd user's headline, first name, lsat name, and sex are shown.  How will the 2nd be able to change anything after the inintal signup since there doesn't seem to be any way to access that information.

Quote · 16 Oct 2009

Bump again, this is important.  How does the second person in the couple change his/her picture and info if there are no tools to get to it?

Quote · 18 Oct 2009

Bump again, this is important.  How does the second person in the couple change his/her picture and info if there are no tools to get to it?

I think the way they fixed it, according to the ticket that was created, was to hide the second profile. Meaning you will not be able to browse to the second profile like we were doing by manually adding the (2) after the profile name.

This does bring up the question of:

If you are going to hide/block access to the second profile of the couple, then why even have an option to create a "couple" profile? I mean, since the 2nd couple cannot login (show online) or do any other functions in the site.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 18 Oct 2009

By the way, if any of you want to disable the option of "Couple" on the login page, I found a "dirty hack" that will do it. I personally think there should be an option in the Admin panel that will allow you to disable Couples all together. I went into the Settings > Advanced Settings > Other and there is an option that says Global Enabling of Couples. I removed the check mark, not sure what it does, but it didnt remove the Couple option when joining.

I have found a dirty hack way to disable Couple from the drop-down menu when joining. However, Im not sure that this will not remove all the couple "features" of the site.

You will need to make a backup copy of your inc/classes/BxDolProfileFields.php file.

Edit the BxDolProfileFields.php and comment out both (there are 2) sections of the array that displays in the drop down box. Be sure to remove the comma after _t('_Single') .The comments will look like this after:

EDITED:

'no'  => _t('_Single')
//'yes' => _t('_Couple')

ORIGINAL:

'no'  => _t('_Single'),
'yes' => _t('_Couple')

Nothing to see here
Quote · 18 Oct 2009

BUMP

Come on boonex, this is a serious issue and cannot be ignored. This is a membership issue that can piss off couple's when they find out only one of them can modify or edit information about one couple and the other one is left to whatever default info they put in.

Quote · 19 Oct 2009

Bump.

This issue hasn't been address.  Something needs to be done about the 2nd couple member in being able to edit their profile after creation and avatar, or take out the feature completely as right now its is really more broke than useful.

Quote · 27 Oct 2009

Bump.

This issue hasn't been address.  Something needs to be done about the 2nd couple member in being able to edit their profile after creation and avatar, or take out the feature completely as right now its is really more broke than useful.

Hey Mauricecano, I agree with you here. In order for the 2nd person to be able to take advantage of Dolphin's features such as, email, friends, IM, custom profile, etc., they need to be able to login themselves.

I just commented out the option for the member to even choose "Couple".

Nothing to see here
Quote · 27 Oct 2009

This won't go away if you ignore it.

COUPLES FEATURE IS BROKE IN ITS DESIGN!

As it stands now only the first person in the couple can update their profile, access their prictures, or have their profile reviewed.

THE SECOND PERSON IN THE COUPLE'S FEATURE CANNOT!  You MUST fix it where the couples feature is useful.  The second person in the couple cannot access their profile, edit their pcitures, or have people search or view their individual profile.  

If your not going to fix the scheme then remove the entire feature.

Quote · 30 Oct 2009

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/1391

Quote · 30 Oct 2009

why links no show, no working, http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/1391,
http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/1313

aaagroup
Quote · 12 May 2016

Damn, did Boonex remove all the old tickets in Trac; I know they moved to GitHub but Trac should have been left in place.  And here I thought Texas was bad about rewriting history.  Boonex, is all the information that was contained in Trac gone?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 12 May 2016

Tickets functionality was deactivated in Trac (information still exists in the DB), since we moved it to GitHub. 

Boonex, is all the information that was contained in Trac gone?

Quote · 13 May 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.