Database connect failed

I uploaded everything from the Dolphin 6.1 folder, following all instructions.

if you go to my site you'll see Database error

VideoMagOnline.com

What do I do

Quote · 27 Jun 2008

If I read this correct, then I think you have no made a database on your server..?

Kids first
Quote · 27 Jun 2008

Database connect failed

just mean that you haven`t valid database connection, recheck it

recheck all access info

Quote · 1 Jul 2008

brooklyn,

both of these guys are correct. i take it you have never installed a dynamic script before on your server. that is cool, thats what we are here for. as you seen from the install of this wonderful script, you are required to provide certain information. most specifically its looking for some information from you in order to connect to the dbase so that it will open a line of communications and be able to do the installation of the sql file.

you need to go to your cpanel (hopefully you have cpanel) you will need to go to mysql from the database section of your cpanel. you will need to create a dbase, take into consideration if you are running cpanel, most of the time, your dbase is goin to be prefixed with your username on the hosting account. so you create the dbase, you then create a username and password. after you create the dbase, the username and password, you need to grant all priveleges to that user on that database. and that is it for the creation of the dbase.

now the same parameters must be passed to the dolphin install script.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 2 Jul 2008

I have the same problem. When finish the installation, the same message appears "Database connect failed "

I check the database, and i can see that there are about 147 tables created automatically, i understand that the settings are ok.

Any ideas? where are de file with de database settings?

Regard

Quote · 4 Aug 2008

Change of inc\classes\BxDolDb.php the next code:

$this->link = @mysql_pconnect($full_host, $this->user, $this->password);

for

$this->link = @mysql_connect($full_host, $this->user, $this->password);

Quote · 28 Sep 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.