Dateorflirt

Hi all I have a problem why can't i get people to join my site can someone look at the site and let me know.

I have tried everything to get them to join with no luck. What am I doing wrong? the site is www.dateorflirt.com would really like to hear your views.

Quote · 20 May 2009

Have you advertised it?

Quote · 20 May 2009

the online dating market is well established and saturated you will find it difficult to break into it, also people  now see community websites as a safer alternative and less desperate.

Quote · 20 May 2009

Id get rid of those ads on the front page messing up your template. YDDY is spot on when he says you will find it difficult (Nay on impossible) to break into the dating market. You just cant compete with those big names out there with TV advertising and so on. I tend to think now that the best way to go is to aim for your local community (where you live) and the surrounding area's near to you. for people, that will be the appeal that they dont have to travel a million miles to meet up. I also seem to think its a good idea to have some sort of theme. " dating for poetry lovers", musicians, gardeners, and so on.

Quote · 20 May 2009

Those google ads make your site look pretty sleazy....... 'size matters' .... 'get laid tonight'.....'tired of boring sex'  Lose that crap.  All it's good for is scaring people away.

I see you bought a fake profile generator mod.  You're not fooling anyone with that.  You say that you've tried everything, but you haven't done a damn thing to customize your site and make it look a little more inviting.  You're even too lazy to change the Default promo images that come standard with Dolphin.

My advice would be to get off your ass and put some real work into the site.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 20 May 2009

i have some good toots on my blog here to show you how to change your site up.

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 22 May 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.