Do not show blocks on mobile @AlexT

I have embedded a youtube video on my site's homepage which has fixed width and height. When I open that on my mobile the video goes out of the screen. If I make the width and height to 100% then the width is good but height is too small, but that shows good on mobile.

I searched on the web about the responsive youtube videos, I was shown some javascript code to be added in the desired page and CSS code to be added in theme's CSS. But I don't like this because to every page where I want to add videos is to be added javascript code too!

In page builder where we add blocks, has option

VISIBLE FOR 

Wouldn't be it better if there is option like 

-Do not show on mobile

-Only show on mobile

This will help in adding content that should be shown only on computer or mobile.

In my case, I will implement like this... I will add two blocks containing the same video having the width and height good for computer where I will tick Do not show on mobile.
And in another having width and height good for mobile with the option Only show in mobile.

What do you say?

Quote · 23 Oct 2015

I recommend embedresponsively.com.  It may be an extra step to get the responsive code, but seems easier than having two boxes for every video.  Plus mobile screens are all different sizes and it'll be nice to have an adaptive video.

Quote · 23 Oct 2015

I searched on the web about the responsive youtube videos

Not understanding why.

Are you using a template other than EVO?

I have youtubes all over a site and they play correct no matter the device, they are sized responsively.

http://tabethajadeashley.com/m/videos/view/SECRETARY-ASSASSIN-short-film

Try the link above on your mobile and see if it is re-sized to your liking.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 23 Oct 2015

I recommend embedresponsively.com.  It may be an extra step to get the responsive code, but seems easier than having two boxes for every video.  Plus mobile screens are all different sizes and it'll be nice to have an adaptive video.

This worked for me. Thanks!

Quote · 23 Oct 2015

I searched on the web about the responsive youtube videos

Not understanding why.

Are you using a template other than EVO?

I have youtubes all over a site and they play correct no matter the device, they are sized responsively.

http://tabethajadeashley.com/m/videos/view/SECRETARY-ASSASSIN-short-film

Try the link above on your mobile and see if it is re-sized to your liking.

I was using EVO template still video was not responsive.
You have added that from Video module that's why it is responsive, but I had added that through adding a simple html block having iframe embed code in it.
 I used this embedresponsively.com and it worked!

Quote · 23 Oct 2015

Still if there would be option like

-Do not show on mobile

-Only show on mobile

wouldn't it be better?

You can hide the block on mobile if you want or you can show the block only on mobile!

Quote · 23 Oct 2015

You have added that from Video module that's why it is responsive, but I had added that through adding a simple html block having iframe embed code in it.

Yes you are correct. I didn't fully understand what you were doing.

Wouldn't embedding the video in your site and then taking that code to the index HTML block work better?

That is what I did on the site example. It is not in an HTML block as it has the album info in the block.

[edit] Like this...

http://tabethajadeashley.com/index.php

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 23 Oct 2015

Yes you are correct. I didn't fully understand what you were doing.

Wouldn't embedding the video in your site and then taking that code to the index HTML block work better?

That is what I did on the site example. It is not in an HTML block as it has the album info in the block.

[edit] Like this...

http://tabethajadeashley.com/index.php

Actually I do not want to enable video module on my site because it will consume more space on my site if someone uploads it locally.

And if I will block users to upload video then there is no use of having video module enabled only for me.

I used embedresponsively.com and it workedSo I will use that one if I need to add some more video. 

I found the editor has some problem which I report in another post.

So what do you say about having the option

-Do not show on mobile

-Only show on mobile

???

Quote · 24 Oct 2015

I found the editor has some problem which I report in another post.

Follow HL's advice on that post and turn off the Text editor, then it'll work it great.

Quote · 24 Oct 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.