Dolphin 6.1.3. New Install

I've just done a new install of Dolphin 6.1.3. and I am getting the following errors:

Warning: require_once(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~xxxxxxx/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/inc/header.inc.php on line 173

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~xxxxxx/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/inc/header.inc.php on line 173

I am using the ip address and /~xxxx rather than a registered domain. I don't think this should be a problem as the address should be able to resolve.

Any help would be appreciated. I thought it was about time I got a test site up!

Stuart

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 18 Jul 2008

try deleting all files and database and installing it fresh again. Sometimes due to bad internet connection some data is lost when we ftp.

Quote · 18 Jul 2008

Be sure that you have updated /inc/header.inc.php in the update directions:

find:

define('BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_CLASSES', $dir['classes']);

After that line:

Insert:

define('BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_PLUGINS', $dir['plugins']);

Sometimes 1 little overlooked thing will mess your site up. And you want to make sure that you thoroughly and effectively patch your site for all the security measures. If you forget or miss one little thing, it could mean the differnce of a working site and non-working site. And also a hacked site and non-hacked site.

Take your time, read through everything well. If something fails go through all the steps and directions again.

This is a relatively simple patch. No database updating was involved. The ones that do require database updates you should ALWAYS backup your database first. This is a must and no brainer. Usually this tends to cause the most issues. And people tend to forget or get in a hurry and omit this. But this one is no database upgrading it really isn't necessary to download a database backup. Just simple file overwriting and a few lines to edit. You might think about downloading your original files that you are going to be over-writing with this patch just in case. This only takes a few moments with a decent internet connection.

Good Luck to you.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 18 Jul 2008

I was happy that I got a complett backup, because there are some problems after installed and tree times recheck... :)

Kids first
Quote · 18 Jul 2008

Hello Gameutopia,

"Be sure that you have updated /inc/header.inc.php in the update directions:

find:

define('BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_CLASSES', $dir['classes']);

After that line:

Insert:

define('BX_DIRECTORY_PATH_PLUGINS', $dir['plugins']);"

The file is there...

I have since done a complete re-install and the same problem crops up.

Warning: require_once(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~reserve/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/reserve/public_html/inc/header.inc.php on line 173

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~reserve/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/reserve/public_html/inc/header.inc.php on line 173

I follow this through to Ray/global/inc/header.inc.php and this is the address I find:

include("/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~reserve/inc/header.inc.php"); ??

The server does not have it's own www address, I am using the i.p. This should resolve ok, but could that be the problem? I don't want to register a www address for this as it is just a test site.

Cheers, Stuart

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

According to my ISP, Dolphin will not work unless it has a 'www' address. It will not work with an i.p. address.

So, how do I set it up on my comp. under wamp5?

Stuart

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

http://jayspride.com is using a name instead of an ip number??

I think Stuart meant "domain name" instead of "www".  If you indeed meant "www", add an "A" record to dns for your domain for "www" pointing to your ip number.

Also, if you have the wamp5 set up properly Dolphin should be a standard install.

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

Hi,

Yes you will have difficulties with an install if you just use an IP address. Make sure you have a domain name http:// or www. setup and posinting at your host correctly before you start an install.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 19 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.