Dolphin 7.3.1 is NOT fully responsive

I don't know if anyone has the same issues, but Dolphin 7.3.1 is NOT fully responsive. Is boonex working on this issue? Also, the issue with page width IS also an ISSUE.

Everyday is a new beginning.
Quote · 19 Jul 2016

There are 3 different templates

The only one responsive is the evo template.

caredesign.net
Quote · 19 Jul 2016

There are 3 different templates

The only one responsive is the evo template.

Hi Professor, evo wall is the one i have currently. The issue is that when i visit the site via mobile, several photos and videos are exceeding the actual block.

Quote · 19 Jul 2016

Can you be specific as to where these photos are on site?

What page (home, module home, module view etc..)

Also, whats the issue with page width?

Quote · 20 Jul 2016

It could be a code issue with CSS.  The evo template is external stylesheet; loaded at the top of the document.  Any inline CSS will override an external declaration.  So if an inline style declaration is present for the image tag, then what is set in the EVO template does not matter.  I can not examine mobile code; are such plugins available for mobile versions of browsers so one can examine code using a tool like firebug?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 20 Jul 2016

It could be a code issue with CSS.  The evo template is external stylesheet; loaded at the top of the document.  Any inline CSS will override an external declaration.  So if an inline style declaration is present for the image tag, then what is set in the EVO template does not matter.  I can not examine mobile code; are such plugins available for mobile versions of browsers so one can examine code using a tool like firebug?

That's a great idea GG. Thanks to all here for sharing the ideas!

Quote · 20 Jul 2016

I have set this as

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/hiding-page-blocks-on-mobile-devices-.htm

Quote · 21 Jul 2016

I use EVO on 5 sites. While it is responsive, I did run into problems where some images did not fit or resize into the boxes. 

I added the following near the top of evo/general.css and the bottom of evo/common.css and it eliminated the problem immediately. Forgot to remove one of them (since it's duplicated) until I just looked.

/* ------ added this to resize all images based on device ------  */

img {

max-width: 100% !important;

height: auto !important;

}

Quote · 21 Jul 2016

Thank you all for the ideas. I will look into this and let you know of the results. Hopefully others can benefit from these suggestions as well. Cool

Quote · 21 Jul 2016

GG - it is real simple to assimilate a mobile layout - just adjust the size of your browser. the responsive template is not based on mobile device or desktop, but rather the size of the browser window itself.

caredesign.net
Quote · 21 Jul 2016

Professor, it's me who is frustrated with the responsive layout on mobile device. I just went and played with the feature on my browser to adjust the size etc... results were negative brother.

Quote · 21 Jul 2016

Has anyone or will anyone, come up with a fix.

Quote · 26 Jul 2016

VERY, VERY, VERY DISGUSTING! I had no other choice then to hide 95% of the site. Very POOR 7.3.1! I wish i can grab it with one hand, crumble it up and throw it in the Hudson River. I have reached a point where it does not even bother me much anymore. It's like replacing the steering wheel of a Lamborghini Aventador, with a steering wheel of a 1973cj5 Jeep. Very disappointing! Peace out !

Quote · 26 Jul 2016

This is an utter JOKE!!  Why is the basic product not fully responsive?  I was sold on the product as it claimed to be fully responsive. PAH!! In you dreams.  Ive ended up with a totally substandard product that I totally regret. No up to date documentation, the base CSS is s joke and full of spelling mistakes. As soon as I can I'm moving to a different provider that actually documents and test their releases.  How can I charge people to use my site when something breaks every five minutes or isn't compatible?

I shall not miss this joke of a platform.

Steve E
Quote · 9 Aug 2016

This is an utter JOKE!!  Why is the basic product not fully responsive?  I was sold on the product as it claimed to be fully responsive. PAH!! In you dreams.  Ive ended up with a totally substandard product that I totally regret. No up to date documentation, the base CSS is s joke and full of spelling mistakes. As soon as I can I'm moving to a different provider that actually documents and test their releases.  How can I charge people to use my site when something breaks every five minutes or isn't compatible?

Before you leave, why don't you list the problems you are having and we will try to help you with them.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 9 Aug 2016

There are several individuals here that can help you.

Quote · 9 Aug 2016

Hello and thanks for this software.

The evo Template is not full responsibe! Test it with the Google mobile check and see the results. So in these days, a resposible layout for a website is a must to have.

This is a fresh install! We only changed the background image.

So when will the template be responsible?

Who can recommend a template that is responsible?

Thanks for support!

Greetings

Klaus

evo_template_google_check.jpg · 90.1K · 170 views
Quote · 6 Apr 2017

Ok, we found the issue! When some has the same problem, feel free to contact me!

Thanks!

Greetings

Klaus

Quote · 8 Apr 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.