Dolphin 7.3.4 BETA available for testing

Details are in the blog post:

https://www.boonex.com/n/dolphin-7-3-4-beta-available-for-testing-not-for

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 11 Oct 2017

If I wasn't so busy trying to get Dolphin Pro comments properly live I might actually could devote some of my precious (and valuable) time to testing this Beta version.  Maybe you will help me Alex and then I can help Boonex test this latest beta release.  In case you missed it, the order selection on comments need to be sticky so that it does not change when refreshing the comments.  So, you help me, I help Boonex and we both benefit.  To prove I am sincere, I will even provide the link to the beta test site I install.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 11 Oct 2017

See, humans work from incentives.  You go to work at a crappy job and put up with it because at the end of the day you get paid.  So what is the incentive for us to download 7.3.4, create a database, upload files, and install the software?  What is the incentive for us to spend a lot of time making blog posts, posting articles, doing searches, etc to see where the bugs are?  There needs to be an incentive.  I offered an incentive above for me to spend my time testing 7.3.4; whether that incentive is accepted or not is up to Alex.

Quote · 12 Oct 2017

See, humans work from incentives.  You go to work at a crappy job and put up with it because at the end of the day you get paid.  So what is the incentive for us to download 7.3.4, create a database, upload files, and install the software?  What is the incentive for us to spend a lot of time making blog posts, posting articles, doing searches, etc to see where the bugs are?  There needs to be an incentive.  I offered an incentive above for me to spend my time testing 7.3.4; whether that incentive is accepted or not is up to Alex.

The incentive is you having a stable version to upgrade your site to. If you don't have the time or want to download and test it, that's understandable.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 12 Oct 2017

pretty much what Nathan said, I get to test the new install with my theme to make sure it all works fine without changing my theme/design.

My issue is I thought dolphin was going straight to dolphin 10 after Andrew and the team had finished/reached a benchmark with una?

Enhance Your Onlne Experience. 4eLife.com
Quote · 12 Oct 2017

I might actually could devote some of my precious (and valuable) time to testing this Beta version. 

That's some attitude! You seem to be a bit bitter.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 12 Oct 2017

I might actually could devote some of my precious (and valuable) time to testing this Beta version. 

That's some attitude! You seem to be a bit bitter.

Yes, sometimes Boonex does that to people.  When I first started using Dolphin members of the site wanted to see replies opened by default.  I studied the code but as you know, Dolphin is very complicated platform and I was new to it.  I also searched and saw many posts where others also wanted the same.  Why had Boonex ignored so many requests for so long?  Come to find out I was looking in the wrong place of the code and it was a very simple matter to have replies opened by default; just a few lines of code changes.  It took a lot of complaining over and over to get such a simple code change (which was never added in).  Yet, if Boonex wants something in that very few wants, it is done.

Look at the whole thing about having two different products with the same name.  We had to figuratively beat Andrew over the head to get that changed.  Oh, then there was the whole thing where a Dolphin version removed tables from the database that people were using; if HoustonLively had not pushed for Boonex to undo that mess I don't think they would have.

Frustration can lead to bitterness and Boonex needs to pay more attention to the community than it does, especially when that community does the majority of their support for them for free.

Quote · 18 Oct 2017

It has only been seven days and this is now a final release?  I haven't had the time to install and test and I doubt if many others have as well.  As least not real testing which actually involves members registering, adding content to all areas, etc.  However, I guess when enough people upgrade then any bugs will start to surface.  Maybe that is the way to test in the first place, not many people are actually going to do real testing on a beta release as it involves a lot of time.  Just installing a beta release is not testing.

Quote · 18 Oct 2017

When this will be available for live websites?

Quote · 27 Oct 2017

The final version has been released; upgrade available.

Quote · 27 Oct 2017

Indeed - Dolphin 7.3.4 Released:

https://www.boonex.com/n/dolphin-7-3-4-relased

Upgrade instructions and patch download:  https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/7.3.3-7.3.4

The final version has been released; upgrade available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
Quote · 29 Oct 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.