Dolphin Boonex on Windows Server for Production

Hi everyone.

Iam new using Boonex. I have intalled Boonex 7.3.5 on Windows Server. It is running and working as expected. But not sure if this environment will be good for production. 

Can you let me know your experience or considerations I need to evaluate to get success?

I really appreciate any point of view related to this topic. 

Jonathan

Quote · 15 Jun 2018

I would talk with DolphinJay; he is the expert on running Dolphin on a Windows server.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 16 Jun 2018

I would not waste my time on Windows at all !! Things might work fine for now, but think about the long term. Windows does not manage resources properly -  in my current job, we have an ERP system on Windows, believe it or not, we still reboot the box on a weekly basis to free up resources, whereas Lunix we only touch it when we do a major maintenance on quarterly basis. In fact, we are planning to move away from Windows..

Furthermore, with today's Cloud technology, most of the infrastructure is self-managed, in other words, Cloud provides lots of services where you don't even touch the operating system, all that (upgrades, patches, security updates etc..) are done for you behind the scene. Companies are no longer want to maintain their infrastructure anymore.. AWS for instance is implementing lots of self-managed services, as result, companies are purchasing their services  left and right, for this reason they are leading the Cloud technology..

Quote · 16 Jun 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.