Dolphin+Ray+Orca install

Hi All,

Sorry to be a total Noob at this ... I've search thro the forums a bit and not found an answer so I just post to see if you can answer my questions faster:

I just installed the Dolphin suite this weekend, after searching high and low for a compatible host! Now that was a effort by itself!

Once finally installed (look for folder/file - change permissions, etc) I was happy to see the Dolphin index page.

However all the widget things do not seem to load, all have a circle thing where there should be contect.

I tried to go to the admin console to register, but it just says "not installed" for Ray and Orca shows soem weird forum code.

Am I right to say that both Ray and Orca should be included in the Dolphin6.1.zip package or do I need to install them separately?

Many thanks in advance.

KW

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

They are all in the install package... maby a bad install?
Trye to run the install again and overwrite the first install.

Kids first
Quote · 10 Jun 2008

Hi,

You can check with your FTP program to see if the Ray and Orca folders are there. Also during install you have to change the file permissions for various files and folders, many of which are in the Ray folder. During the install you should see the Ray files and the set-up should ask you to change the permissions.

If the folders weren't there  it would probably bring up a load of errors. Plus once you have Dolphin installed you have to get the free licenses for ray and Orca before they will come up. In your admin panel you enter the licenses under Plug-ins.

Licenses can be had here - http://www.boonex.com/unity/community/licenses

Also have a read through the installation instructions again to make sure you did everything right - http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DolInstallation

Cheers

Max

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

some ftp programs dont like uploading empty directories and some dont like uploading the .htaccess. you need to make sure you get all your files uploaded if you are using an ftp program. you can check your logs on the ftp program and it will tell you which files were sucessful and which ones failed.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 10 Jun 2008

Thanks for your replies so far.

I uploaded the full zip file to the server via ftp and just went into the console to extract it. I thought that way it would bypass all the uploading of empty dirs and .htaccess errors etc.

When I ran the install script, I went to the Ray folders and stuff via ftp and changed permissions as required.

I will try again ... It may also be the hosting I found as I just joined up via their basic package for now. If things develop as I hope them will move to a better host.

Thanks ... will tinker a lil and see if thing magically work ... fingers crossed.

KW

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

Here's my URL if you want to help me check: www.kaizenwarriors.com

Something is definately missing or acting up. It "may be" da host? Yell

TIA,

KW

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

Woo hoo ... i got it to work!!!

It was a problem related to da host .. they had a footer link that was interfering with the links. I upgraded a little now no footer link and the site seems to be rendering better. Got boonex feed and can see widgets finally .. YEA !!!

Now for da hard tweaking part Tongue out

Thanks for da help guys.

KW

http://www.kaizenwarriors.com - Do YOU have what it takes? (Alpha Stage)

Quote · 11 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.