Dolphin and PHP 5.6

PHP 5.6 will be a security risk by the end of 2018

Many websites are still using PHP 5, but by the end of 2018 it will be problematic. On the 31st of December the support for PHP 5.6 ends and accordingly there will be no security updates. Experts see a considerable risk for the site operators here.

my two dolphins

are just scrap.

Quote · 7 Feb 2019

Many websites are still using PHP 5, but by the end of 2018 it will be problematic. On the 31st of December the support for PHP 5.6 ends and accordingly there will be no security updates. Experts see a considerable risk for the site operators here.

my two dolphins

are just scrap.

No, just because the developers handling PHP are going to end support for PHP 5.6.x does not mean that it automatically becomes a security risk.  What that means is that if; IF, a security hole was discovered in php 5.6.x that the development team would not work on a patch.  A little common sense goes a long way.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Feb 2019

my two dolphins

are just scrap.

We'll release Dolphin 7.4 with PHP 7 support very soon. 

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 8 Feb 2019

Which PHP 7 version?

Will it be 7.2 compatible? And when presumably?

Quote · 8 Feb 2019

Hello mrtn!

Dolphin with PHP 7 (7.2 too) support was released, see details here:

https://www.boonex.com/n/dolphin-7-4-legacy-released

Quote · 11 Feb 2019

Please do a complete backup of your site files and database first.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 11 Feb 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.