Dolphin isn't dead but it is limping along badly

The truth is that Dolphin has been put on the back burner on a low simmer.  I visited GitHub to see how things are progressing and what I saw was that Dolphin is of no real concern to Boonex.  What you get now is what you will have to live with for some time to come.  The next scheduled release to address bugs is 7.3.6 and that is barely a blimp on the timeline.  Improvements, including PHP 7.0 support, will go into LEAP (Dolphin 10) and that is barely a blimp on the timeline.  The notion put forth by Andrew that they will get UNA released and then jump on Dolphin is worthless; Boonex is still putting out release candidates for UNA, and the current release candidate of UNA had bugs to address.  Boonex first claimed that UNA was going to be an end user easy to work with platform but then they have been adding in one third party unit after another and those units require that you know how to configure servers (of course Boonex is offering support at a price for UNA so they are happy with this change in direction for UNA).

So, if the idea is that you are hoping that Boonex is going to give some attention to Dolphin, don't hold your breath.  If you want things addressed in Dolphin then you need to hire a developer and pay for it to be done.  Or just live with what Dolphin is at the moment because as I said above, what you get now is it and is it for some time to come.

Geeks, making the world a better place
19 Jul 2018

Very sad

Everyday is a new beginning.
1 Aug 2018

+ 1... 

1 Aug 2018

So we just cancled our subscription.

12 Aug 2018

The truth is that Dolphin has been put on the back burner on a low simmer. 

Let's try and be a little more positive.

What would you like to see to bring this software package to the boil?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michel - Meta-Travel.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TravelNotes.org - The Online Guide to Travel
13 Aug 2018

"What would you like to see to bring this software package to the boil?"

has recurring payments been implemented yet?

a better built in non flash chat - versus using a third party chat with an iframe. Although I have found a way to send private messages using RocketChat, it would be really nice to have something by default whcih decreases people having to try and figure things out.

those are just two things I can think of off top.

caredesign.net
2 Sep 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.