Door Bell from AQB Soft

Hello everybody.
This is a support forum for our Door Bell module.
If you have some questions or suggestions regarding it feel free to post them here or contact us directly.

Best Regards AntonLV - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/AntonLV
Quote · 15 Apr 2015

Hi Anton. Sounds like it has promise. :)

What about privacy permissions?

Can user A be blocked from from sending to User B?

Can User B turn off all incoming notifications?

Can User B decline a ring from user A and not be bothered again?

Can there be a hard imposed time limit where if user B does not reply to a ring, that user A can not send another for 24 hours?

Etc..etc.. :)

Quote · 15 Apr 2015

Also, can it be incorporated with your Simple Chat?

Quote · 15 Apr 2015

Hi,

Q. What about privacy permissions?

A. It doesn't use privacy in any way. Anyone can ring to anyone, unless he is blocked by a recipient.

Q. Can user A be blocked from from sending to User B?

A. Yes, it respects the blocked status (default blocking mechanism of Dolphin).

Q. Can User B turn off all incoming notifications?

A. Yes, on his profile edit page. That is a Dolphin's default functionality out of the box.

Q. Can User B decline a ring from user A and not be bothered again?

A. No, but he can block him to stop him from any kind of contacts including Door Bells.

Q. Can there be a hard imposed time limit where if user B does not reply to a ring, that user A can not send another for 24 hours?

A. There is no any kind of "Reply to a ring". So I don't know how exactly you're expecting this to work.

Q. Can it be incorporated with your Simple Chat?

A. Incorporated how? Simple Chat is already having its own notifications system.

Quote · 16 Apr 2015

Thanks for the answers my friend.

I guess i was wondering if we could stop using the bell without having to turn off notifications.

This could be annoying to some people, but they wouldn't want to turn off notifications 'just' to stop this.

And maybe a user doesn't 'want' to block a particular user, he just wants to block them from using the bell, because he abuses it too much. Thats what I was seeking.. a bit more 'granular' control over it.

Thanks for answering sir! :)

Q. Can there be a hard imposed time limit where if user B does not reply to a ring, that user A can not send another for 24 hours?

A. There is no any kind of "Reply to a ring". So I don't know how exactly you're expecting this to work.

I meant, that is user B does not respond in 'any way' to user A, it cant be used again until later.

I know now it doesnt.

Q. Can it be incorporated with your Simple Chat?

A. Incorporated how? Simple Chat is already having its own notifications system.

I just meant if your chatting and the user steps away, perhaps we could use this to get their attention from 'inside' chat' without having to flood the chat window with 'hello? hello? hello? you there yet?' ;)

Anyways... Sorry Anton.. Im always trying to turn a toy into a tool, arent I?  ;)

Quote · 14 May 2015

I guess i was wondering if we could stop using the bell without having to turn off notifications.

This could be annoying to some people, but they wouldn't want to turn off notifications 'just' to stop this.

Ok, if there will be 2+ requests for such a feature - then we will implement it in the module. :)

And maybe a user doesn't 'want' to block a particular user, he just wants to block them from using the bell, because he abuses it too much. Thats what I was seeking.. a bit more 'granular' control over it.

In this case I believe a member should just ask an other member in a conversation to stop abusing that function.

I just meant if your chatting and the user steps away, perhaps we could use this to get their attention from 'inside' chat' without having to flood the chat window with 'hello? hello? hello? you there yet?' ;)

Ah, I see. We will think about the possibility to make a link between these two modules.

Quote · 15 May 2015

This seems to me to be an upgraded sort of "greetings" function. Upgraded in that you can attach a customized message along with the alert. As such I definitely like it but I think you definitely need to incorporate privacy functionality and also the ability to activate based on membership levels. I've noticed this is something Modzzz has been doing with his extensions and its a very welcomed and needed element on these upgraded features.

Keep up the great work

Quote · 12 Apr 2017

This seems to me to be an upgraded sort of "greetings" function. Upgraded in that you can attach a customized message along with the alert. As such I definitely like it but I think you definitely need to incorporate privacy functionality and also the ability to activate based on membership levels. I've noticed this is something Modzzz has been doing with his extensions and its a very welcomed and needed element on these upgraded features.

Keep up the great work

Ok, in a week or two we will release an update with the membership levels and privacy settings added to the module. 

Quote · 12 Apr 2017

UPDATE: The module now is integrated with Dolphin's membership levels system. And also it now offers a privacy setting which allows members to control who can use this feature on their profile. 

Quote · 19 Apr 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.