Duplicating Groups module

Is it still simple to duplicate the groups module to create a new module? I tried with 7.4 before and it didnt work. Was wondering if anyone has had any success recently.

caredesign.net
Quote · 11 Apr 2019

Just looking at the Groups SQL dump, it looks like a formidable job.

Quote · 12 Apr 2019

how would you compare it to 7.3?

caredesign.net
Quote · 12 Apr 2019

I'm not sure what you mean. I had a look at the SQL dump for groups in 7.3.5 and it's very long. You would need to change all those fields to create new ones, then you will need to change the php to ensure the right section of the database is accessed. That could be a huge job. You can't use Modzzz new groups module because it just integrates with the existing one.

Quote · 12 Apr 2019

it used to be simple - duplicate the Groups module, then change all instances of group to whatever the new name is. There are a hadful that dont get changed - such as isGroupAdmin, default_group, and a few others.

I tried the same process in 7.4 and it didnt work. I wasnt sure if it was me or something in the new coding.

caredesign.net
Quote · 12 Apr 2019

Nevermind - it is the same as before. I guess I just missed something the last time. I got it to work.

caredesign.net
Quote · 12 Apr 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.