Edit message - Access denied. You must have special permissions to ac

I'm trying to edit the scary red 'Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.'message non members get.

I can't find it in language settings?

Quote · 2 Feb 2011

modules/boonex/forum/integrations/base/langs/en.php

'Access denied' => 'Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.',

Quote · 2 Feb 2011

Sorry, I may be being a bit slow but can you give me a step by step guide to change this?

Much appreciated!

Ryan

Quote · 31 Mar 2011

Go to your administration panel.

Settings > Language Settings

In the "Look for" field type in "denied"

This will bring up all of the denied keys.  You can then edit the language there.  Its always best to edit the language keys this way.  If you don't then you can lose all of your changes when the language file gets updated or compiled.

Dont forget to clear your cache folders.  Editing the language keys usually show immediately but its good to clear your cache anyway when making changes.

Quote · 31 Mar 2011

Open file modules/boonex/forum/integrations/base/langs/en.php

Find this streng 'Access denied' => 'Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.',

Edit streng, then save file.

When you have done this, log in as admin go to Forum then choose Manage Forum

then click on Compile Language:en

changes should appear in this area now

Quote · 2 Apr 2011

I'm unable to edit this via the language string. Does anyone know where I can edit this? Thank you.

I'm trying to edit the scary red 'Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.'message non members get.

I can't find it in language settings?

Quote · 19 Nov 2022

Hello callum!

It seems you need to check the _Access denied and _bx_pageac_deny_text lang keys. If it will not help then plz provide us the URL where you met those messages.

Quote · 20 Nov 2022

Thank you Leonid but neither of those language strings work and I can't find by keyword 'denied' or 'permissions'. I get the error message when trying to access forum when not logged in and want to change the message. When I inspect code I see this but can't find where to change it.

<div id="orca_main">

<div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" class="forum_error_msg">

Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.

</div>

</div>

Quote · 20 Nov 2022

Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.

That specific error message is part of the forum language files. It is found in modules/boonex/forum/integrations/base/langs/en.php

You change it in that file, then you need to recompile the forum languages by logging in as admin go to Forum then choose Manage Forum then click on Compile Language:en

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 20 Nov 2022

Hi, I tried the instructions below but my forum now goes to a blank screen. I reversed the steps and cleared the caches but I still have a blanks screen when I click on the forum link (even if I try to access via the admin panel). How could changing the language have such a impact to break the forum?

That specific error message is part of the forum language files. It is found in modules/boonex/forum/integrations/base/langs/en.php

You change it in that file, then you need to recompile the forum languages by logging in as admin go to Forum then choose Manage Forum then click on Compile Language:en

Quote · 21 Nov 2022

I followed the folder path in the error log: /modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_en/xsl/default_access_denied.xsl

and saw that my new language edit remained in that file and so I reverted it back to the original text:  'Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.' And the forum is working now.

My language edit may not have worked because I attempted to put a http link in the text for members to click on. Maybe if I had put plain text with no href it may have been okay.

Enough fun for today!

Quote · 22 Nov 2022

I just wanted to follow-up and report that the instructions provided below did work for me.

My error was not that I had tried to replace the text with a link. My error was that I had included the '&' symbol in my replacement text.

Thank you Deano and Leonid for your help.

Quote · 22 Nov 2022

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.