Emoticons in Simple Messenger aren't shown?

I've tried to use emoticons from the list (the smiley button in the messenger window) and they are showing in pop-up to select but if selected in the messenger window they appear as standard font (e.g. smiley) or as unknown character. Tried it on 7.3.0 with the standard uni template.

Anyone an idea?

Quote · 12 Mar 2016

still a show stopper for me, emoticons, emojis, smileys - whatever you call it - are broken in simple messenger and shoutbox.

NOTE: Happens also on official site at http://www.boonex.club/ for me in all browsers!

screen.png · 34.1K · 277 views
Quote · 6 Apr 2016

is it possible your device/computer does not have certain fonts or other things installed. Try a different device - like a friends or something and see if still persists. I see this on a bunch of other sites on my pc (facebook included) but I am always wiping my pc and only load specific things that I use on a constant basis.

caredesign.net
Quote · 6 Apr 2016

I've tested it under Linux with Firefox and Chrome, under Windows 7 with Firefox, same on my site as on the boonex.club demo... can't add an emoticon to the shoutbox (not tested messenger on demo site)

Attached is a screenshot from demo site, how does it look for you?

screen.png · 122.5K · 272 views
Quote · 7 Apr 2016

and sorry for double post, but have had 2 friends with different pcs/connections look at the demo boonex.club page and all report they don't see smileys but broken chars as in the pic shown.

Quote · 7 Apr 2016

For anyone having the problem as well, the following insights from support chat:

Emojis currently only supported for Windows platform Windows 8 and up (8.0, 8.1, 10) with Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Other browsers and operating system may have different results, I've tested so far on boonex.club domain:

Windows 7 with Opera browser: no emojis at all

Windows 7 with Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer: emojis in shoutbox appear black and white and very small

Windows 8.1 with Firefox and Internet Explorer: emojis appear as they show in drop down list but colors may vary (like the blue shirt in list appears as yellow one in shoutbox)

Tests with Linux (Mint) and different browsers just show broken characters as shown above.

Trying to test Windows 10 later as well.

In general not very great solution at all if a good percentage of web users are unable to see the emojis in shoutbox and messenger. Even if we just talk about Win7 it has over 50% market share still according to studies. Maybe some issue to investigate @AlexT ?

Quote · 12 Apr 2016

Hello,

i have to agree to your conclusion, concerning the use of emoji and pc, win 7 !

By the way, it Looks good with android mobile.

Greetings

Harry

Quote · 12 Apr 2016

Yes, it has different representation in different OS, but it gain more and more popularity and implemented very well on major mobiles. 

In general not very great solution at all if a good percentage of web users are unable to see the emojis in shoutbox and messenger. Even if we just talk about Win7 it has over 50% market share still according to studies. Maybe some issue to investigate @AlexT ?

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 13 Apr 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.