Error 500: invalid reference to set_magic_quotes_r

Hi there, 

Wanted to identify to the developer that upon attempting to install most current version, I was getting error 500 on install/index.php. Spent hours reviewing my configuration and eventually turned on PHP debugging. It turns out there's a reference to "set_magic_quotes_runtime(0)" on line 56 of install/index.php. 

I'm running php7. magic quotes have apparently been deprecated for several versions now, so this function no longer works. 

I've commented out the line, and installation appears to be proceeding now. Anyway, wanted to pass on the feedback so you can either update the code or include a reference in the troubleshooting guide. 

Regards, 

David

Quote · 27 Aug 2016

I just realized that Dolphin doesn't support PHP7. This would be good to indicate in the system requirements as an exclusion. Would have saved me several hours...

Also, now that LAMP includes PHP7 as standard, maybe it's time to revise the platform.

Quote · 27 Aug 2016

We are working on next Dolphin version which is compatible with PHP 7

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 28 Aug 2016

This is good news. Thank you! 

Quote · 29 Aug 2016

I'd the same Problem with http 500 and commented the magic-quotes. Just working fine now ;)

Quote · 15 Feb 2017

Is 7.3.4 compatible with PHP7?  Thanks!

Quote · 7 Mar 2018

Is 7.3.4 compatible with PHP7?  Thanks!

No.  The next major release of Dolphin will.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Mar 2018

Except that the next "major" release is this UNA.  I've installed it, I've tried it, and I don't like it.  2 reasons.  First, my permanent key for Dolphin does not appear to transfer over to UNA.  Thanks Boonex. Second, the backend interface just is (to me) hokey.  Dolphin 7 backend seems more refined.  So please, how hard would it be to publish an update, last update as it were, of Dolphin 7 to work with PHP 7.2?

Quote · 5 Oct 2018

Except that the next "major" release is this UNA.  I've installed it, I've tried it, and I don't like it.  2 reasons.  First, my permanent key for Dolphin does not appear to transfer over to UNA.  Thanks Boonex. Second, the backend interface just is (to me) hokey.  Dolphin 7 backend seems more refined.  So please, how hard would it be to publish an update, last update as it were, of Dolphin 7 to work with PHP 7.2?

UNA is not Dolphin although Andrew muddy the waters by the redesign of the site and saying something about Dolphin solution is UNA; which didn't make any sense since Dolphin is a platform, not a problem.

However, you are correct that the current version of Dolphin could be made PHP 7 compliant by going through the code and updating for the PHP 7 deprecations.  Boonex could go through the code, fix the areas that keep it from being PHP 7 compliant and then release it as Dolphin Pro 7.3.6.  However, I don't think Andrew is interested in doing that.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Oct 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.