Error during/after upgrade from 7.1.6 to 7.2

While upgrading from 7.1.6 to 7.2 through http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/BETA-version-of-upgrade-patch-from-7-1-6-to-7-2-0.htm , I got 2 errors.

1. Language file compilation have been failed. Please check folder permission.

>>> Recompile Forum language file from Admin Panel -> Modules -> Forum -> Manage Forum

2. Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

>>> Click here to resize images from Photos module to the new dimensions

Quote · 16 Sep 2015

While performing Recompile Forum language file from Admin Panel -> Modules -> Forum -> Compile Language:ru

I got error : Language file compilation have been failed. Please check folder permission.

But it change the site language to Ru. Going to the Setting->Languages Setting->Setting , Default site language is showing English but the site language is Ru.

Again performing Recompile Forum language file from Admin Panel -> Modules -> Forum -> Compile Language:en

I got error : Language file compilation have been failed. Please check folder permission.

But it change the site language to En.

Quote · 16 Sep 2015

1. Forum language can't be re-compiled because of permissions problem, I would suggest to do the following:

- delete the following folders:
         modules/boonex/forum/classes/en
         modules/boonex/forum/classes/ru
         modules/boonex/forum/classes/XX

modules/boonex/forum/js/en
         modules/boonex/forum/js/ru
         modules/boonex/forum/js/XX

modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_en
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_ru
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/uni_en
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/uni_ru
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/alt_en
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/alt_ru
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/evo_en
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/evo_ru
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_XX
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/xxxx_XX

- then make sure that all permissions are ok in:

Admin panel > Tools > Host Tools > Permissions

- recompile forum language files: you need to switch to every template you have and click "recompile language: xx" for every language

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 17 Sep 2015

2. You need to check web-server error log for the particular error message.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 17 Sep 2015

1. Forum language can't be re-compiled because of permissions problem, I would suggest to do the following:

- delete the following folders:
         modules/boonex/forum/classes/en
         modules/boonex/forum/classes/ru
         modules/boonex/forum/classes/XX

modules/boonex/forum/js/en
         modules/boonex/forum/js/ru
         modules/boonex/forum/js/XX

modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_en
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_ru
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/uni_en
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/uni_ru
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/alt_en
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/alt_ru
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/evo_en
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/evo_ru
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/base_XX
         modules/boonex/forum/layout/xxxx_XX

- then make sure that all permissions are ok in:

Admin panel > Tools > Host Tools > Permissions

- recompile forum language files: you need to switch to every template you have and click "recompile language: xx" for every language

After deleting all the above said folders. I started getting this error...

Warning: require_once(/home/asdf/public_html/test/modules/boonex/forum/layout/uni/params.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/asdf/public_html/test/modules/boonex/forum/integrations/base/config.php on line 87

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/asdf/public_html/test/modules/boonex/forum/layout/uni/params.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/apps/php53/lib/php') in/home/asdf/public_html/test/modules/boonex/forum/integrations/base/config.php on line 87 

Quote · 18 Sep 2015

Can you send me link for this? Click here to resize images from Photos module to the new dimensions

Quote · 18 Sep 2015

You should not have deleted the uni or base directory. Only the uni_en and uni_ru (plus directories for any other languages you might have installed).

Copy those two directories (uni and base) back for the classes, js and layout directories and try again.

Dedicated servers for as little as $32 (28 euro) - See http://denre.com for more information
Quote · 18 Sep 2015

You should not have deleted the uni or base directory. Only the uni_en and uni_ru (plus directories for any other languages you might have installed).

Copy those two directories (uni and base) back for the classes, js and layout directories and try again.

In directory modules/boonex/forum/classes/  ,  there was only 2 folders en and  ru. There was no folder like uni_en or uni_ru

Quote · 18 Sep 2015

In directory modules/boonex/forum/classes/  ,  there was only 2 folders en and  ru. There was no folder like uni_en or uni_ru

You're right. In those two directories only the en and ru are created after compiling the languages. In the folder forum/layout there should be 2 directories with files, called base and uni. These 2 directories should always be there. Looking at the reported errors I think you deleted those 2 directories.

Dedicated servers for as little as $32 (28 euro) - See http://denre.com for more information
Quote · 18 Sep 2015

You're right. In those two directories only the en and ru are created after compiling the languages. In the folder forum/layout there should be 2 directories with files, called base and uni. These 2 directories should always be there. Looking at the reported errors I think you deleted those 2 directories.

You were right. I had deleted that folder. 
I restored that folder and again performed the action as told by AlexT,  Still I am getting same error!

Quote · 18 Sep 2015

Make sure the following permissions are set:

If you can connect to your website via ssh, you can just copy and past the following from the root of your Dolphin folder:

chmod 777 modules/boonex/avatar/data/images/ modules/boonex/avatar/data/tmp/ -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/forum/classes modules/boonex/forum/conf modules/boonex/forum/layout modules/boonex/forum/log modules/boonex/forum/js modules/boonex/forum/cachejs modules/boonex/forum/data/attachments -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/photos/data/files -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/files/data/files -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/desktop/file -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/profile_customize/data/images -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/profiler/log -R
chmod 666 modules/boonex/profiler/log/profiler.log
chmod 777 modules/boonex/smtpmailer/data/logs -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/sites/data/images/thumbs -R

Quote · 18 Sep 2015

Make sure the following permissions are set:

If you can connect to your website via ssh, you can just copy and past the following from the root of your Dolphin folder:

chmod 777 modules/boonex/avatar/data/images/ modules/boonex/avatar/data/tmp/ -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/forum/classes modules/boonex/forum/conf modules/boonex/forum/layout modules/boonex/forum/log modules/boonex/forum/js modules/boonex/forum/cachejs modules/boonex/forum/data/attachments -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/photos/data/files -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/files/data/files -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/desktop/file -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/profile_customize/data/images -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/profiler/log -R
chmod 666 modules/boonex/profiler/log/profiler.log
chmod 777 modules/boonex/smtpmailer/data/logs -R
chmod 777 modules/boonex/sites/data/images/thumbs -R

I performed this action. Some of the files or folders don't exist. 
I  tried again, but same error Language file compilation have been failed. Please check folder permission.

Quote · 19 Sep 2015

Obviously, when extracting the archive, your unzip program puts some wrong permissions on the extracted files and folders. And it also seems that it can't extract empty folders at all. So, please refer to the documentation of your unzip program.

All folders should be readable and executable (755 permissions).
Some need to be also writable if your PHP is installed as Apache module (777 permissions). The langs folder namely should be writable.

All files should have readable permissions (644). Some should also be writable (666 if  PHP is installed as Apache module).

Just check that the permissions don't get broken after you extract the archive's contents.

Quote · 24 Sep 2015

I tried 3 methods.

1. Uploaded zip file, extracted there and then moved all files and folders.

2. Extracted on local pc, again zipped the main files and folder. Uploaded there and extracted.

3. Extracted on local pc, uploaded there.

I got same error in all the 3 cases. I don't have any other option to do so. Please help!

Quote · 25 Sep 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.