Errors w/ Photos/Videos/Music on new install

Folks, Am wondering if anyone has a solution for the following:

After uploading photos, videos or music, then selecting any of the uploaded files for viewing, I get the following errors:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/content/p/a/s/pasikat/html/inc/classes/BxDolSharedMediaView.php on line 30

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file in /home/content/p/a/s/pasikat/html/inc/classes/BxDolSharedMediaView.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/p/a/s/pasikat/html/inc/classes/BxDolSharedMediaView.php:30) in /home/content/p/a/s/pasikat/html/inc/design.inc.php on line 495

The content still displays however. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Quote · 5 Jul 2008

After uploading photos, videos or music, then selecting any of the uploaded files for viewing, I get the following errors:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/p/a/s/pasikat/html/inc/classes/BxDolSharedMediaView.php:30) in /home/content/p/a/s/pasikat/html/inc/design.inc.php on line 495

Thanks!

what php version?

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

Thanks!

what php version?

PHP 5.x

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

are you on a shared hosting? dedicated, or vps? so you can get to the php ini file?

it tells you what the deal is:

its a php ini setting. where are you hosted at, so that if we see anybody else in here this error we can pass the fix to them. if you are not familiar with php ini or just not comfortable making changes, hit me up and i will help you get it straight.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 6 Jul 2008

are you on a shared hosting? dedicated, or vps? so you can get to the php ini file?

it tells you what the deal is:

its a php ini setting. where are you hosted at, so that if we see anybody else in here this error we can pass the fix to them. if you are not familiar with php ini or just not comfortable making changes, hit me up and i will help you get it straight.

later,

DosDawg

Hey DowDawg,

Man, that's a double "duh?!" for me. I should really avoid being too lazy to read at times when confronted with a lengthy error message. Had I read carefully, I would have been able to decipher quickly. Thanks for the quick response though. And just to answer your question, I am on a GoDaddy Linux Economy hosting plan... yah.. I know. Even if they are not the greatest, they provide the greatest value. Especially if you're geeky enough to know how to get around issues that their support folks are almost always never able to resolve ;-). Anyhow, looks like I got it running on GoDaddy hosting which I thought was a cool and a great low cost experiment.

Thanks!

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

cool deal on getting it running on godaddy. havent heard of much success with running this script on godaddy at all. is the ffmpeg.exe running on there as well? for some reason there was something going on some time back where they would not allow something that needed to be used to run this script. i think it was the ffmpeg.exe. at any rate, keep us posted on how your fairing with hosting this on godaddy.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 7 Jul 2008

cool deal on getting it running on godaddy. havent heard of much success with running this script on godaddy at all. is the ffmpeg.exe running on there as well? for some reason there was something going on some time back where they would not allow something that needed to be used to run this script. i think it was the ffmpeg.exe. at any rate, keep us posted on how your fairing with hosting this on godaddy.

later,

DosDawg

Hi DowDawg,

I haven't encountered that yet. In fact, all Ray modules were working until I encountered that dastardly "wrong license number" when I attempted to register the messenger widget. My impetus to re-register was to try and resolve an issue where IM invites where successfully delivered (after clicking on my recipient's IM icon from web presence) but the actual IM screen displays them as being offline. I guess that was a mistake. Now, even if things look right on  ray/modules/im/inc/constants.inc.php (per http://www.boonex.com/trac/ray/wiki/GenRayTShooter#MyFreeAd-Freelicensesdontworkresultinginwronglicensenumbermessage), it won't accept any license number. What's more, I'm getting that indefinite "connecting" message when attempting to load chat; the first part of whiteboard loads but doesn't allow a long enough time for me to enter variables (like the board name, whether editable, number of participants, etc) before it also hangs on the "connecting" message. Interestingly, I also lost my Ray icon on the bottom of the screen (alongside Dolphin and Orca -- I'm running the FREE versions) which makes me think I may have been inadvertantly switched to an ad-free version somehow. BTW, somewhere in my attempt to re-register, Ray died altogether, giving me a "not installed" message for the entire Ray plug-in. So, I downloaded and reinstallled. Now I'm back to the "wrong license" perpetual "connecting" mode.

You seem like a vet with Dolphin and quite knowledgeable. Perhaps something comes to mind (based on your past experiences) regarding this matter. If so, would be really interested in your experience...most especially if leads to a resolution.

Thanks!

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

1. open to edit

inc\classes\BxDolSharedMediaView.php

2. jump to line 30

3. remove from this line all symbols '&'  if you have it

4. same this file

recheck

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

1. open to edit

inc\classes\BxDolSharedMediaView.php

2. jump to line 30

3. remove from this line all symbols '&'  if you have it

4. same this file

recheck

Hi AndreyP,

Thanks for the suggestion. Here's line 30 of my inc\classes\BxDolSharedMediaView.php:

$this->oShared = new BxDolSharedMedia($sMediaType, $aSite, $aDir, $aMember);

No ampersand anywhere. Any other suggestion?

Thanks!

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

The only line containing ampersands is line 26 as follows:

function BxDolSharedMediaView($iFile, $sMediaType, &$aSite, &$aDir, &$aMember) {

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

I tried removing the ampersands on my line 26 but got the same result...still cannot register messenger and chat/board still hanging. Pls do let me know if you have other suggestions.

Thanks!

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

Strange but true. An attempt to register for the nth time was allowed. Not sure how that happened but it did. So my woes are over. Now on to other problems.

Quote · 11 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.