Fatal Error after Install

Clean install of the latest version of Dolphin with HostforWeb as advertised as highly advertised and recomended.  The isntall went without a problem.  After the isntallation was complete and I tried to view the index I got this:

Warning: main(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~coltsdig/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/coltsdig/public_html/inc/header.inc.php on line 173

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/~coltsdig/ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/coltsdig/public_html/inc/header.inc.php on line 173

Any help?

Quote · 30 Jul 2008

What's with the ~ in your ~coltsdig address?

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 30 Jul 2008

temporary address awaiting the real domain name

Quote · 30 Jul 2008

Dolphin will not work without a proper domain address. I had the same problem.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 30 Jul 2008

Most people have bad luck when using the temp address the host gives you. It's not impossible. I've use the ip address 74.74.74.74/~myaccount before sucessfully. However when you do update with your real domain name you will have to update all files in /periodic folder, ray/modules/global/inc/header.inc.php, and /inc/header.inc.php and possibly your crons with the real path. This can sometimes be confusing and difficult if your not familiar with this.

Not sure if you are transferring hosts or something and just waiting for the nameservers to update or something? Usually they claim 24-48 hours, but more often mine only takes 8-12 hours.

So if you wait until it updates and propogates, then install a nice new fresh Dolphin using your actual domain name(http://www.yoursite.com) you will have a much easier time from the beginning. Unless you are just playing around and don't mind messing with it, and updating paths later.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 30 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.