Fax to file? Has there ever been a module allowing for faxes to files

Has anyone ever designed a module that would allow faxing to the files module? Can it be done or has it been done?
Csampson
Quote · 9 Jan 2012

I could not find anything in the market, and i have not heard of one either.

It can be done but you most likely will have to hire someone to do it.

There are two possible ways.

1) Method one will require a true dedicated server with a faxmodem, fax software and a phone line installed. Then the fax software can save incoming faxes to a file that the module can then import into dolphin.

2) Method two would use a fax service such as http://www.efax.com/ that provide you with a fax number and then can send the faxes to a dedicated email address as an attachment. The module can then read the attachments and import them into dolphin.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 9 Jan 2012

I'm a new fax user. I'm going to set up a free fax service in my office. Which one would better and reliable. Actually, as a new user, I need a fax guide. Let me know if you can help me.

Quote · 15 May 2020

I'm a new fax user. I'm going to set up a free fax service in my office. Which one would better and reliable. Actually, as a new user, I need a fax guide. Let me know if you can help me.

Forget the old fax machines connected to a POTS line.  You just need a good scanner so you can scan your documents to your computer.  Then you can use one of the free services on the net or even pay to remove such things as the advert cover that the free services add to the fax.  To send a fax you go to the fax website, attach your files, type in the fax number, and hit send.  I use to use fax software and had a modem in my computer to send faxes but the online services make it so easy now.  I no longer have a POTS line into the office.  I was using Google Voice with a PBX that had an ATA attached but Google disabled any connection to Google Voice except using a Polycom device which I am not going to do.  I have discontinued use of Google services as much as possible anyway since I despise the company.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 May 2020

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.