Fehlermeldung bei Verweisen

Habe 7.4.2 original-Dolphin installiert und kann keine Links aufrufen..

RECENTLY ADDED PUBLIC SITES

Es kommt diese Meldung: Something went wrong! Please try reloading the page.

Kann eine youtube-Seite zwar installieren und sie wird auch angezeigt. aber kann diese nicht aufrufen.

Quote · 25 Aug 2019

Hello Leumi!

Please specify - did you complete the installation of Dolphin without errors? If yes, then what you have in the error log of your server about the moment when Dolphin is unavailable?

Regards

Quote · 26 Aug 2019

Something went wrong! Please try reloading the page

I think that error message is generated by the browser; possibly by PHP; I really don't know.  I had that message coming up on a Dolphin based site I was working on so I checked to see if it was a Dolphin generated message but nothing came back.  Tried searching the internet on that message and didn't get anywhere.  I knew it was related to a third party module I had added to the site; the developer is not to be had for questions.  I had to painfully track down what was causing the issue and it was a badly formed MySQL querry.  Interesting that it is showing up on a fresh Dolphin install.  Also look at your PHP error logs as well as the webserver error logs.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 26 Aug 2019

I think that error message is generated by the browser; possibly by PHP; I really don't know.  I had that message coming up on a Dolphin based site I was working on so I checked to see if it was a Dolphin generated message but nothing came back.

Nope. It's part of dolphin, the newer versions.

The error is generic. You will find it hard coded in BxDolExceptionHandler.php

That specific message is only displayed when the exception handler cannot find the dolphin _t function which is used to process language keys. The _t function is part of dolphin, so for it to throw that error means the function is missing. So something must be seriously wrong with the install of dolphin. Missing files or perhaps permissions were reversed on the inc folder so that even reading cannot be done. In any case, something is wrong with the install.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 27 Aug 2019

That specific message is only displayed when the exception handler cannot find the dolphin _t function which is used to process language keys. The _t function is part of dolphin, so for it to throw that error means the function is missing.

Strange that it did not show up on a text search of the Dolphin code; which should have found it even if it was hard coded.  I may try searching again just to be sure it was not how I performed the query.

However, while what you said may be true, it was not true in my case.  I tracked the issue to a bad mysql query statement.  Once I corrected the query the error went away; so if it was just due to the function being missing, then it would not have disappeared once I corrected the query.  So there must be other things that causes the message to be displayed besides a missing function.

Quote · 28 Aug 2019

If you know the particular area of Dolphin that outputs that message to the browser; and of course it can be more than one area, then will help to understand what triggers it because in my case, when the php script that was being executed got to the sql statement in question, bam, the message appeared.  So as I said earlier, it isn't JUST a missing Dolphin function that can cause the message to be sent to the browser.

Does this do anything else beside displaying the message?  Does it dump anything into a log file?

Quote · 28 Aug 2019

Your right. I misinterpreted the line of code in the class that displays the error which is this line.

<?= (function_exists('_t') ? _t('_Exception_user_msg') : 'Something went wrong! Please try reloading the page.') ?>

Which now that i look at it closer, it prints the error if the _t function does not exist, else it uses the language key, which is the same message.

The error however could have been generated anywhere that throws an exception. So yea, that was my mistake.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 28 Aug 2019

It is strange that the text did not show up. I searched on the error message which should have returned the places in the script as well as the language key which would have helped me better track what was tripping it.  OK, now I know for any future events.  I need to go back and search the Dolphin code again; just for my own good because I never saw that message anywhere.

The message is worthless and that "reload the page" needs to be removed.  If it is meant for the end user then just say "Something went wrong, contact the site administrators."  Don't have people reloading a page when it isn't going away by magic.  I may go back now and check the mysql error logs and the server error logs to see if anything was there; I was running this on a LAMP stack on a VM on my local computer; not a real install of CentOS so I don't know what was being logged if anything.

Quote · 28 Aug 2019

Hallo an ALLE,

danke für die Anregungen. War etwas schnell und habe erst nach und nach gemerkt, das im Menü oben auch andere Menüpunkte, des gleichen Fehler hervorrufen.

Konnte alle Fehleranzeigen beseitigen!

Lag überwiegend an den Servereinstellung von Let´s Encrypt. Auch in der INC bei header.ing.php muß man https ändern von http in httpS.

Nach richtigen Abändern läuft momentan die Seite.

Quote · 5 Sep 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.