File Upload Fail message is garbage.

If you are going to include error messages as least make them correct error messages.  In my case the file did not fail uploading, the file uploaded to the server, the code created the temp file and placed it with chmod 666 in /fash/video/files as it was suppose to do.  So Boonex Dolphin telling me that the file failed to upload is garbage.  The error is somewhere else and I have to pour through code trying to figure out the real error.  Why not put a few more error messages in the code at various points to provide real error messages.

Boonex should change the File Upload Failed to "There was an error but damn if we know where, happy hunting."

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 Jul 2016

Hi GG. It's hard to agree with your direct approach error, it doesn't instil confidence in the software :)

I'd suggest something more along the lines of:

"There was an error with the file upload. Please contact the admin to report this error"

Boonex could also add:

Error code 0xc183584 (like Microsoft do) and then allow those error codes to be looked up on the website or KB supplied by Boonex.

Quote · 19 Jul 2016

There are like seven functions or more associated with uploading and posting a video; uploading is a small part yet that is what they say in the error message which is misleading to end users.

Quote · 19 Jul 2016

Of course I was being facetious in my comment about the message.

Quote · 19 Jul 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.