Firefox 2 & 3 orca error

I have a new install of Dolphin 6.2 with orca. The forums display fine in IE, but not Firefox. The headers and footers show as html code. I have seen that others are having this problem, but as yet I have not seen a solutiuon? Anybody have a simple fix to this issue? Thanks.

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

dont know about a simple fix. have you applied everything that has been suggested as far as making sure you are running dom xslt and all the other suggestions that were given to killerhai? i had this same problem, wrote my hosting support and asked them to ensure that xslt was part of the apache compile. that seemed to fix my issue with the source being served on orca.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 24 Jun 2008

I have --with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' compiled into php. It seems strange that it appears fine in IE and not either recent version of Firefox.  Any other ideas?

Quote · 24 Jun 2008

try this, for me worked like a dream:

in the .htaccess file in the root it says:

Options -MultiViews

php_flag register_globals Off

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /

add the RewiteBase rule, if you Dolphin is in another directory please add that behind the / aswell like

RewriteBase /dolphin/

NOTE: not my tip all the regards go to Jay

Quote · 24 Jun 2008

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried adding the RewriteBase directive without change. It acts like the opening and closing php tags are missing, but I know that isn't the case since Internet Exporer shows the pages just fine. I usually have the opposite occur when testing sites, if there is an issue it usually shows up in IE but not always in FF.

I would have suspected a server issue, and maybe it still is, except that IE works just fine, which points me more toward a  code/browser issuer.

G

Quote · 24 Jun 2008

I got visit from Boonex team today on my server and site, and only they camo with the same story:

Teel you host that they install XSLT......   pfffffffffffff   Thats all installed with the leatetst patch!!!
into my phpinfo file: xslt-enabled........  how its not installed?

Also we have checkt php op all files who have to get there... strange its all there...
Why can I write with Firefox into orca, but other browser will or not loading the post topic page or the post replay page...  We don't think its a server problem.

My server is a dedicated server, where i host more than 10 sites....

I have asked nicelye the boonex team to contact my hoster to tell what is wrong.... So I' am waiting for them answers.

cheers!!!!

Kids first
Quote · 24 Jun 2008

I am recompiling my php now with some additional xslt settings to see if that makes a difference. I'll keep you posted.

Quote · 24 Jun 2008

Also you need DOM and xslt compiled/enabled on your server

Did everyone check phpinfo() for the XSL support ?

Mine says:

xsl

XSL enabled
libxslt Version 1.1.23
libxslt compiled against libxml Version 2.6.32
EXSLT enabled
libexslt Version 0.8.13
Quote · 25 Jun 2008

Boonex Support gave me a link with what I was missing. I added XSL and recompiled PHP and presto chango, troubles were gone. I had added XSLT, DOM and I don't know what all else previously to no avail. This was a super simple fix and I'm not sure why I didn't see it before.

Anyway, if you are running PHP 5 you need '--enable-dom'  and '--with-xsl' added to your php configuration, recompile and that's that.

Previously, I had --enable-xslt, and --with-xslt= with the path to the libraries, etc. and it didn't work. Not sure what all of the difference is, but anyway, alls fixed now.

So, I want to say thanks for all the help.

Quote · 25 Jun 2008

On my own dedicated server has the same problem, everythings was correct installed. but one php file has a wrong permission setting, after corrected this, no problems anymore.  :)

We work on a RMS server also.

Kids first
Quote · 26 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.