Firefox is driving me nuts!

Over the last week I've noticed a complete degradation in FF performance.  It gets to the point where it simply stops respt mind sharing?

Quote · 15 Mar 2010

i have the same problem...and always must start my pc new

in task manager it is very often 100% from FF

since the last week

ue30 Mods - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/ue30
Quote · 15 Mar 2010

Opera: web browsing for real men.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Mar 2010

opera is really good

ue30 Mods - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/ue30
Quote · 15 Mar 2010

yeah ff.3.5.7 was ok since upgrade to 3.5.8  it froze twice never happened with 3.5.7

Quote · 15 Mar 2010

I keep losing extensions I like whenever I upgrade Firefox.  I like Chome for most things now, but NOT Dolphin development.    Still use Firefox for that because Chrome will actually mess up your menu items and page block order.

Quote · 15 Mar 2010

Had the same/same so I investigated:

Tools

........... Add Ons

and disabled Microsoft NETFramework 1.1

Quote · 16 Apr 2010

Had same thing myself, managed to tweak it to make it better. I disabled some unused plugins and changed the following settings :

Type about:config into address bar - this will open up a window showing the browser settings.

Change the following variables to the values shown:

network.dns.disableIPv6;true

network.http.pipelining;true

network.http.pipelining.maxrequests;30

network.http.proxy.pipelining;true

Next, create a new integer called nglayout.initialpaint.delay set it to 0

This worked for me, but of course YMMV. There are many more speed tweaks documented for Firefox on the interwobble.

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
Quote · 16 Apr 2010

Glad to hear others are having similar issues.  I thought my computer was just starting to get slow because FireFox has never been as slow as its been being the past couple of weeks.  I'm thinking of trying Google Chrome this weekend.  Heard it makes surfing the web like you have a brand new computer...figure of speech since new computers are only as fast as you pay for them to be...but curious to see if anybody else uses this Internet browser.

:-)
Quote · 17 Apr 2010

I'am using Opera for years now, and I love it. But Dolphin administration has some serious problems with it, so there I use Firefox, but only for that :D

Kids first
Quote · 17 Apr 2010

Current version for Firefox is 3.6.3, have you updated yours? I seems to have no problem with it.

Quote · 17 Apr 2010

I use a chrome port for OSX, as well as Opera, and Flock - which is a social networking biased branch of Firefox, I also sometime use Safari. But got to admit, as I spend practically 99% of my online time coding, I simply cannot do without Firebug, so I am forced to suffer Firefox's sluggishness.

It is a real shame that something (apparently the last upgrade) has caused FF to slow down so much, it used to be a formidable tool, now I sometimes wish that I could get Firebug for Safari or Opera (both heaps better for straight forward browsing).

Maybe it's time to go back to a dedicated IDE full time.

Getting REAL bored of pressing a key and waiting seconds for my text to appear. NOPE - real FRUSTRATED is probably more correct. It's like trying to code on a Commodore 64. I hate having to wait for things to catch up to my typing, It's such a waste of time, after all, it's just a friggin key press -  how can such a fundamental thing take a damn computer so long to process????

Anyhows - rant over - Hope they fix it soon.

:(

/DM

Quote · 17 Apr 2010

It is a real shame that something (apparently the last upgrade) has caused FF to slow down so much, it used to be a formidable tool, now I sometimes wish that I could get Firebug for Safari or Opera (both heaps better for straight forward browsing).

Opera includes its own version of Firebug, called Dragonfly. It's essentially the same thing, only with a different name and coat of paint.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 17 Apr 2010

Opera includes its own version of Firebug, called Dragonfly. It's essentially the same thing, only with a different name and coat of paint.

OOoh, thanks for the heads up. Will go and have a look :D

Quote · 18 Apr 2010

Dragonfly looks very promising, it's very very similar to Firebug, I could easily get used to it. Just need to find the 'inspect' button Apple click does the same as the inspect button - which will take a bit of getting used to as this is 'open in new tab' on FF, a small price to pay for increasing my productivity. Will give it a test drive over the next few days.

/DM

Quote · 18 Apr 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.