Force to confirm email if any user change email id

Do you want your members need to Force to confirm new email id if they change the existing confirmed email id.

Email confirm

Here is the code which can help you to do this. This will change the profile status to Unconfirmed if they change the existing email id. they again need to confirm the email id to use the site.

Step 1) Create a new language Key as below. You can change the string as per your need

Key name: _UNCONFIRMED_EMAIL

Category: System

String text for English language: <b>Your email id is Unconfirmed. Resend me again <a target=_blank href="activation_email.php">confirmation e-mail</a></b>

Step 2) edit the file /templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMenu.php

Search for the code    $sAddons .= ' <a href="' . $this->sSiteUrl . 'member.php">' . _t('_sys_breadcrumb_account') . '</a>';

Add the below code just before the above line
if($aProfile['Status'] == 'Unconfirmed') {
$sAddons .= _t('_UNCONFIRMED_EMAIL');
}

Step 3) edit the file pedit.php

Search for $this -> oPC -> updateProfile( $this -> iProfileID, $aUpd );

and  $this -> oPC -> updateProfile( $this -> aProfiles[0]['Couple'], $aUpd );

Add the below code just before the above each code lin

if($aUpd['Email']) {
$aUpd['Status'] = 'Unconfirmed';
}

Thanks

Another Day past.............................
Quote · 3 Jun 2010

Great ! Thanks a lot ;-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 4 Jun 2010

Great ! Thanks a lot ;-)

You're very welcome. I hope the information is useful to you.

Quote · 4 Jun 2010

Hi DDDolphin,

This is an amazing addition thank you very much.

I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. Is there any way I can send a donation to you for your work?

Also I am looking for something similar.

My site will be free for women and paid for men. So what I don’t want to happen is people join up as females (so it’s free) and then change their Sex to male. Does this make sense?

Is there any way you can think of to police this situation? I would pay you of course.

Thank you for your time

Chris Hoole

Quote · 4 Jun 2010

Hi DDDolphin,

This is an amazing addition thank you very much.

I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. Is there any way I can send a donation to you for your work?

Also I am looking for something similar.

My site will be free for women and paid for men. So what I don’t want to happen is people join up as females (so it’s free) and then change their Sex to male. Does this make sense?

Is there any way you can think of to police this situation? I would pay you of course.

Thank you for your time

Chris Hoole

I think This will be easy In the step 3 you can add another few lines of code just after as below. You can change the status to Approval or Suspended as per your need for Sex change.

Add the below codes just before the above each code lin

if($aUpd['Email']) {
}

if($aUpd['Sex']) {
$aUpd['Status'] = 'Approval';
}

Quote · 4 Jun 2010

I have been looking for something like this for a very long time... but will this work on 7.0.2?

Please let me know

Darkestar Holdings www.darkestar.com
Quote · 4 Jul 2010

Yes it will work  :)

I have been looking for something like this for a very long time... but will this work on 7.0.2?

Please let me know

Quote · 4 Jul 2010

oooo I'm trying to find out something similar - I want approval required by the admin whenever a member edits their description.  Does anyone know how this is done?  Any thoughts or suggestions hugley appreciated.

Quote · 30 Sep 2010

Is there to make the message display into 3 lines instead of all on one line...I want it to look like this

Hello, Bernard!
Your email id is Unconfirmed. Resend confirmation e-mail
Quote · 14 Oct 2010

oooo I'm trying to find out something similar - I want approval required by the admin whenever a member edits their description.  Does anyone know how this is done?  Any thoughts or suggestions hugley appreciated.

This will be easy. In the above step 3 you can use below lines of code just after as below. You can change the status to Approval as per your need for Description change.

Add the below codes just before the above each code lin

if($aUpd['DescriptionMe']) {
$aUpd['Status'] = 'Approval';
}

Quote · 24 Oct 2010

Is there to make the message display into 3 lines instead of all on one line...I want it to look like this

Hello, Bernard!
Your email id is Unconfirmed. Resend confirmation e-mail

Yes possible, Just Create the new language Key as below. You can change the string as per your need

String text for English language: <b><br /><font color="red">Your email id is Unconfirmed.</font> Resend me again <a target=_blank href="activation_email.php">confirmation e-mail</a><br /></b>

In general.css you may need to change the div.sys_breadcrumb height (height:29px; to height:100%;) so that it can display 3 lines properly.

Quote · 24 Oct 2010

Is it possible to have the confirmation email sent out automatically? It is not so obvious that the member needs to click on the "Send confirmation email" link.

Stuart

Do you want your members need to Force to confirm new email id if they change the existing confirmed email id.

Email confirm

Here is the code which can help you to do this. This will change the profile status to Unconfirmed if they change the existing email id. they again need to confirm the email id to use the site.

Step 1) Create a new language Key as below. You can change the string as per your need

String text for English language: <b>Your email id is Unconfirmed. Resend me again <a target=_blank href="activation_email.php">confirmation e-mail</a></b>

Step 2) edit the file /templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMenu.php

Search for the code    $sAddons .= ' <a href="' . $this->sSiteUrl . 'member.php">' . _t('_sys_breadcrumb_account') . '</a>';

Add the below code just before the above line
if($aProfile['Status'] == 'Unconfirmed') {
$sAddons .= _t('_UNCONFIRMED_EMAIL');
}

Add the below code just before the above each code lin

if($aUpd['Email']) {
}

Thanks

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 25 Nov 2010

I realy likt this function, however it would be great if the confirmation e-mail is send automaticly, can this be done?

Quote · 13 Jan 2011

I realy likt this function, however it would be great if the confirmation e-mail is send automaticly, can this be done?

To get the confirmation e-mail send automatically you need to edit the file pedit.php

Search for    $this -> oPC -> updateProfile( $this -> iProfileID, $aUpd );

Add the below code just AFTER the above code line

if($aUpd['Email']) {
$iMemberID = getLoggedId();
activation_mail( $iMemberID );

}

Quote · 7 Feb 2011

Is there a simple way to to change login Username to Email

I've gone through D7's builder and can't find anything to change to that preference it would be a great help if anyone can help.

Common sense is usually on common!
Quote · 19 Feb 2011

thanks for this mod. But a very simple work around is, to go back to your settings and save the (new) e-mail address again. This will remove the confirmation line ;)

Quote · 20 Mar 2011

I would you like help for version 7.3.3 anybody? beacuse /templates/base/scripts/BxBaseMenu.php is diferent...

Quote · 5 Nov 2016

anybody help?

Quote · 13 Dec 2016

i thinks boonex should add it as an option built in dolphin. its essential

Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.
Quote · 29 Mar 2017

I'm not sure if I'm offering false hope here, but if you untick  Preserve Profile Status After Profile Info Editing,

Quote · 30 Mar 2017

I'm not sure if I'm offering false hope here, but if you untick  Preserve Profile Status After Profile Info Editing,

That would mean if anyone changes anything on there profile at all. It would need to be approved by admin. So if someone changed there About me or Favorites the Admin would have to re-approve them.

Quote · 25 Jun 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.