Forum Post and Response Deleted - Why?

Last night I spent 20 minutes researching and preparing a reply to a forum post, which in my opinion was of interest to other people. When I checked eight hours later, it seems the post and my reply have both been removed.

I find this most unusual. Firstly, forums in general don't allow a post to be edited or removed once a reply has been received.

Secondly it's poor manners to delete an answered post unless one or both breached the Forum rules. In this instance I offered a reply which has been tested and to my knowledge in the public domain. If I inadvertently posted a third party commercial mod, I sincerely apologise but I don't think that was the case.

Can anyone explain why the post was removed and if this kind of thing is commonplace on this forum?

Quote · 20 Mar 2018

Hopefully we will have an answer this weekend.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 22 Mar 2018

Ho Ho.

Quote · 23 Mar 2018

Can you PM me the URL? I'll take a look.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 23 Mar 2018

I've just messaged Nathan to say the post has miraculously reappeared. In all honesty, I used every search method possible to find it previously including viewing every thread I'd partaken in. Whether it was me or a forum glitch I do not know, but the bottom line is, the message is there and geek Girl was right. I got an answer before the weekend.

I did mention to Nathan that I'm not notified about any threads I subscribe to and I wonder if anyone else has the same problem.

Quote · 23 Mar 2018

I don't know about the main forum because I don't subscribe to the main forum posts.  However, I have subscribe to forum topics for market support and not receive notifications when something was posted.  I do think the market support forum is on the same forum as the main forums.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 23 Mar 2018

I did mention to Nathan that I'm not notified about any threads I subscribe to and I wonder if anyone else has the same problem.

I can confirm this, it happened to me as well. When I recently posted here in this forum and subscribed to it, I did not receive any notifications of replies.

Quote · 23 Mar 2018

I got the notification for both of your replies, so it does seem to work. If you can PM me your emails, I can ask somebody at BoonEx to take a closer look once they have a chance to see if delivery is failing somewhere.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 23 Mar 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.