Forums posts??? don work

The forum posts block above the list of forum posts do not work at all...

i simply get a rolling preloader, and there is no forum posts that are shown in that block?

what can be the problem??? any solutions?

Quote · 16 Mar 2010

the block i am refering here is the in the forum page...

any idea about this issue???

Quote · 16 Mar 2010

my post above also has same issue.. glad not only one...anyone any ideas?

Quote · 16 Mar 2010

anyone?..i see another 3 posts like this...

Quote · 16 Mar 2010

First thing you might wanna check is to make sure that allow_url_fopen is set to On. You can check this in the Admin Panel> Tools>Host Tools

You might also be able to create a php.ini file using notepad and upload it to the modules/boonex/forum/ directory.

Open notepad and paste the following code in:

display_errors = On
allow_url_fopen = On

Click File, Save As:

File name: php.ini

Save as type: All Files

Chris

Nothing to see here
Quote · 16 Mar 2010

thanks for reply, it is set to on, and works on my other site

Quote · 16 Mar 2010

Is your other site on the same server? and did you try the second option of putting the php.ini file in the modules/boonex/forum/ directory?

Nothing to see here
Quote · 16 Mar 2010

yes both on same server, and yes tried the php.ini file

but still no joy, would a new template cause this?...i mean is there anything in either forum/layout or template/ that could affect this?

just a thought

Quote · 16 Mar 2010

Yes its possible. Does this happen when you are using the Uni template also? If not, the do the following:

Lets just say that the template you are using right now is called Temp2 for instructional purposes only:

If you have used Uni before AND compiled the English language, in the modules/boonex/forum/layout/, you would see these folders:

uni

uni_en

If you do not see a Temp2 and Temp2_en folder, what you could do is this using a FTP client:

- Transfer JUST the uni folder to your local computer

- On your local computer rename the file from uni to Temp2

- Upload Temp2 to the modules/boonex/forum/layout/ directory

Login to your admin panel, click Modules, then Orca Forum. Once there click the Compile [en] link at the top right of the box. Refresh the Forums page to see the change.

Chris

Nothing to see here
Quote · 16 Mar 2010

its doing it on the uni template too, reason i said the templates is the other site has original template and it works, but this sites doesnt, on both uni or the new template...really bizzare

Quote · 16 Mar 2010

lol..its driving me nuts....i cant reinstall it as would need to reinstall groups and would lose my members groups.

think only solution is to replace orca with phpbb3, i have made a mod that fully integrtates phpbb3 into 7,better than any on the market so think better to use this rather than buggy orca. however iagain it means losing previous posts and seems to be a common problem, if i find a solution i will gladley inform everyone

Quote · 17 Mar 2010

anyone else got a solution to try?

Quote · 17 Mar 2010

When you added in the template, did you upload:

template/tmpl_(tmpl)/files

or did you also upload

template/base/files.

If you also uploaded some base files then your issue may be in those new base files.  Seen many strange things come out of the template files, and if your new template altered the base files then that may just well be your issue.

Quote · 17 Mar 2010

this block they mention is RSS and edited with fix info below

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 17 Mar 2010

He sent me to look and its was a broken RSS feed block with url: {SiteUrl}forum/?action=rss_all   any..and I mean any RSS feed break is simply Javascript. Please roll out any mods that insert new javascript into your header or pages...what new mods do you use??  You now have a choice...use your module or remove the RSS feed block from the page...thers are some real awesome jqueries out there and they will be coming into play.....they look way better than a silly little RSS feed block,.

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 17 Mar 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.