Forums suggestions

Forums badly needs a newby/nooby section in the dolphin area with a header or sticky topic at the begining/top explaining how to use search functions/etiquette/rules etc...

Maybe also a dedicated mod section, pre-purchase section, wishlist,bug section maybe, also foreign languague sections eg russian, french, german, spanish etc...langague sections would ensure more cross pollination of ideas...

Lounge section would help with the karma as we could talk there about our other interests and see that we are real people... and to chill :-) :-)

It might also be an idea to organise boonex events/get togethers in certain cities...

Quote · 27 May 2009

All reasonable suggestions, and running the site on D7 will make all that easier.

P.S.  I think 'karma' should be a banned word.  It's been used way too many times as of late.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 27 May 2009

Reference:

HOW TO SEARCH AND NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS IN THE FORUMS

Quote · 28 May 2009

Reference HOW TO SEARCH AND NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS IN THE FORUMS

Yes, that's post is very correct..When I started with Dolphin, I got my first 3 questions answered, after that, the ratio went to 1 in 10, the search function is what really helped me get my site going..While I didn't find the answers to my questions sometimes, I still searched on Google and found other places with similar questions and it was helpful...

Quote · 28 May 2009

the ability to add polls inside forum topics would be useful...

pleaase add your thoughts about langague sections, lounge sections and other suggestions....

Quote · 28 May 2009

Forums badly needs a newby/nooby section in the dolphin area with a header or sticky topic at the begining/top explaining how to use search functions/etiquette/rules etc...

Maybe also a dedicated mod section, pre-purchase section, wishlist,bug section maybe, also foreign languague sections eg russian, french, german, spanish etc...langague sections would ensure more cross pollination of ideas...

Lounge section would help with the karma as we could talk there about our other interests and see that we are real people... and to chill :-) :-)

It might also be an idea to organise boonex events/get togethers in certain cities...

In other words you mean more of a complete community instead of just Dolphin only community? Sounds nice, that would open up more discussions and various places to post questions and socialize with others...

Quote · 28 May 2009

could also do with a mobile community apps section too, this would help with the development of the iphone,andriod apps etc...

Quote · 28 May 2009

I hate it if you are reading the forum, and not logged in and then when you try to post a message you just get an error.  Most forums will give you a log in window.  Then after you log in you are taken to the last topic you viewed.

There is lots of good technical info here and searching the forums has answered most of my questions.

I would like to see forums for discussing running Boonex as a business.  Like free versus paid.  How to make money running a free site, covering hosting costs etc.  Also how to market and promote your site would be useful to.

Quote · 31 May 2009

Blog.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 31 May 2009

I hate it if you are reading the forum, and not logged in and then when you try to post a message you just get an error.  Most forums will give you a log in window.  Then after you log in you are taken to the last topic you viewed.

There is lots of good technical info here and searching the forums has answered most of my questions.

I would like to see forums for discussing running Boonex as a business.  Like free versus paid.  How to make money running a free site, covering hosting costs etc.  Also how to market and promote your site would be useful to.

good idea tokyo

also a section for other third party apps that can be intergrated into Dolphin...

Quote · 31 May 2009

I already posted this on another blog but was asked to post it here.  I would add the following forums:  NEWBIE, DATING, SOCIAL, BUSINESS AND ADULT, in addition to the ones Youdidntdidyou recommended.

I also think the voting thing should be dumped - it is clearly being abused by a few members, and has turned into a drama machine.  At the very least, people shouldn't be able to vote on old posts, and they shouldn't be able to vote on their own posts.    I think I took more than  100 negative votes when I was protesting the sudden change in licensing policy, but Boonex- to their credit, responded and everyone got at least one free license as a result.  I don't think the voting system should be used again to "reward" people - it is too easily abused (and that is not even taking into consideration the fake accounts I think some people have).   The only good use of voting in my opinion should be "positioning" - some kind of algorythm that along with the date determines which blog post belongs on top.   Even with that, I think they should get rid of the "negative" votes.  There is already plenty of negativity here - we don't need a system to formalize it.

Rob

Quote · 2 Jun 2009

the amount of views of topics would be useful too...

Quote · 5 Jun 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.