Free Android App Rebranding

Before I begin to provide details about the free service, let me introduce myself.
I have been following Dolphin from many years now and used to develop modules for it (Back when we had expertzzz.com)
I had made the first Dolphin Mobile module which had got a good number of downloads with above average reviews.

I came back to Boonex website today and realised that the quality of modules available today is not good as I would have expected it to be, and surprisingly the mobile app rebranding services are simply doing some basic re-skinning of the apps without making any useful changes.

Since I've been developing native android applications myself and I'm quite good at HTML/CSS/JS and PHP,
I thought maybe I should try to rebrand a dolphin android app myself.

Since this is going to be my first rebranding project, I'm going to do this for free, with complete dedication and hard work.

I'm looking for a person who has a fairly good running dolphin website and is willing to let me rebrand the android app on my own decisions. I will not be charging in any manner for the work, and would ensure that your website is not harmed in any manner in the process. (Will work locally + would always take backup before making any changes on server).

Those who are interested may send me a direct message. Don't forget to mention your website url.

PS: You must either have a Prime License, or Standard License + Mobile License.

Quote · 20 Nov 2014

Why not take every 1s feedback and change this whole mobile app. Take it to next level ;) I have prime license but due to lack of many current functions i had to close my website. 1 question are you really going to do it as a project to help out or you just want to get hold of the mobile app file?

Umar Haroon
Quote · 20 Nov 2014

Im guessing the purpose of the 1 free offer, is to use that customer as an example of their work quality & skills to then gain some paying customers.

If so, that is a great & smart move...thinking outside of the box.

1 question are you really going to do it as a project to help out or you just want to get hold of the mobile app file?

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
Quote · 20 Nov 2014

Im guessing the purpose of the 1 free offer, is to use that customer as an example of their work quality & skills to then gain some paying customers.

1 question are you really going to do it as a project to help out or you just want to get hold of the mobile app file?

This is correct 100% :). Keep it up and make difference to that one site.

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 20 Nov 2014

Hoping to do something like that. The current app has quite an outdated design approach where user has to himself browse through it although the bigger docial network apps actually push content to the use. The design is not good and the loading indicators are kind of irritating. I'm hoping to make a lot of improvements.

EDIT: I don't want to help only one website, but need to start from one. Might even takeup another website after the first one to try a different approach. One single approach is not good enough for every website.

Yes, I'll be taking feedback from everyone after I have figured out what all can be modified in the app.

Why not take every 1s feedback and change this whole mobile app. Take it to next level ;) I have prime license but due to lack of many current functions i had to close my website. 1 question are you really going to do it as a project to help out or you just want to get hold of the mobile app file?

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

I want to experiment and improve the app as much as I can, because I just can't bear with the current look!

Yes, I do need the source code. I don't want to buy the license since I have no plans of running a dolphin website of my own, and not even sure how much customizations are possible in the app. So I figured why not do it for free - everyone benefits + I'll be able to experiment without any deadline giving me good enough time to tinker a lot with it.

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

To me it sound like you want to experiment on some 1 else expenses. you are not going to change the app according to the desire of the customer. no offense just in my mind like you don't want to spend some money to put the apps on play n itune by your self. Reason is no 1 with establish website will allow you to change their app randomly. It will disturb the users on their website. what you need a non established website with app already on itune and play store.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 21 Nov 2014
ok i have an idea .. you pay for the expenses for hosting and itunes & play store. ill activate my website on that hosting. you can upload the app on itune n play store. You need to give me time frame in which the apps will be ready. In the mean while you can do the experiments. When you will be done ill have the modified mobile app. you can have your experiment result. every 1 happy :p
Umar Haroon
Quote · 21 Nov 2014

What?  GKC stated that they do not know how much the app can be modified, so they would need the source code just to get an idea of what can and cant be modified.  They need that information first before trying to change the app to the desire of the customer.  Not wanting to spend money to play around and gain some experience is fairly reasonable, I dont see the harm in that.  Besides, the app doesn't have to be uploaded to itunes or google to check results, the app can be installed directly on mobile devices.

To me it sound like you want to experiment on some 1 else expenses. you are not going to change the app according to the desire of the customer. no offense just in my mind like you don't want to spend some money to put the apps on play n itune by your self. Reason is no 1 with establish website will allow you to change their app randomly. It will disturb the users on their website. what you need a non established website with app already on itune and play store.

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

lmao, pretty funny.

ok i have an idea .. you pay for the expenses for hosting and itunes & play store. ill activate my website on that hosting. you can upload the app on itune n play store. You need to give me time frame in which the apps will be ready. In the mean while you can do the experiments. When you will be done ill have the modified mobile app. you can have your experiment result. every 1 happy :p

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

That's not what I'm trying to do - I will definitely take the input of the website owner (and also from other people here) but will try to implement those features in my own way. I'm trying to reinvent the interface and for that I'll need to have the permission to take my own design decisions. The current design looks like a 5 year old app. I want to completely modernise it.

Unlike the website, app development doesn't incur much cost in terms of server usage etc. As I mentioned earlier, I'll be doing most of the work locally on my own system, including the testing. I'm trying to take this approach because i don't just want to build a random app and throw in the Market. Instead I want to build something useful and that would need some real world testing.

I'm not talking about making random changes. I'm going to make useful design changes which actually make sense, which actually improve the usability of the app and increase the user engagement. I feel the current app can never make really people like it. It exists for the sake of existence!

I'm not trying to save money on Play Store account since I already have one. Although I don't even need to publish the app to Play Store since android apk files can be shared directly. 

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

question: isnt it against the T&C to share the source of mobile app? if not i can give you source code which you can test with demo.boonex.com.  what you say? but for itune testing you need to do some thing by yourself. i know jail break works for android so 1 problem solved.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 21 Nov 2014

I have been looking into the licences and wiki but haven't found a mentioning of how to provide the app source code to the developer for customisation. It would definitely be against the terms to share the source code with some other person and allowing him to use it in his own website. That's why I didn't ask anyone to give me the source code directly.
I can take it from your only if you will be using the modified app with your website, not just like that. :)

I do have Apple App Store developer account of my own, but i'm only going to work on the Android app for now.

question: isnt it against the T&C to share the source of mobile app? if not i can give you source code which you can test with demo.boonex.com.  what you say? but for itune testing you need to do some thing by yourself. i know jail break works for android so 1 problem solved.

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

so what kind of functions you are planning to add?

i would prefer if it have

1. Other users (friends) feed.

2. possibly public pictures, videos, forum cause blogs and articles already available.

3. comments under pictures, videos, forum, blog & articles etc

4.User chat option possibly group chat.

so far this is in my mind. can you test it along demo.boonex.com?

Umar Haroon
Quote · 21 Nov 2014

I do have few of these in my plan, but I can confirm only after I have gone though the code.
These features would need changes in the app as well as the modules installed in the website. So can't be tested on demo.boonex.com

I can setup dolphin and test on my own server. I have one running almost idle on linode.

so what kind of functions you are planning to add?

i would prefer if it have

1. Other users (friends) feed.

2. possibly public pictures, videos, forum cause blogs and articles already available.

3. comments under pictures, videos, forum, blog & articles etc

4.User chat option possibly group chat.

so far this is in my mind. can you test it along demo.boonex.com?

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

@gkcgautam,

Good to see you back!

I'm writing a REST API for Dolphin. If you'd like to join in, let me know. It will be released free to the community. I'm working on it when I can. At this time, I'm designing the architecture.

Updating my BoonexNerd.net site.
Quote · 21 Nov 2014

Thanks @jtadeo

Well actually I would love to join you in it! I had myself started writing a REST API for Dolphin last year but I left it in between. Had added a lot of end points.

Lets discuss more one this in DM.

@gkcgautam,

Good to see you back!

I'm writing a REST API for Dolphin. If you'd like to join in, let me know. It will be released free to the community. I'm working on it when I can. At this time, I'm designing the architecture.

Quote · 21 Nov 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.