Gif images do not work

Hy

I have the latest Dolphin version.
Have gif files in the time list uploaded, the pictures are displayed without animation
Supports dolphin no gif files?

Best regards

Marco

Quote · 9 Mar 2017

Dolphin converts images to jpg upon resizing, so gif animation isn't supported.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 12 Mar 2017

Dolphin converts images to jpg upon resizing, so gif animation isn't supported.

Alex is there a way around this? In a social media time where memes and gif memes are all the rage it seems counter beneficial to hamper the ability to see/use gifs.

Quote · 12 Mar 2017

Alex is there a way around this? In a social media time where memes and gif memes are all the rage it seems counter beneficial to hamper the ability to see/use gifs.

W use image handling library which doesn't support gif animation:

http://image.intervention.io

In future version they will add it then we'll add support as well

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 13 Mar 2017

I wasn't aware that Dolphin converted all images to JPG. For me that's a huge plus. Because Dolphin creates several images for use as thumbs, it doesn't take long to have your server overloaded with photos. As such, I've set my version of Dolphin up to (a) Delete the original which can often be huge, (b) make all images 700 high/wide which is more than enough for me and (c) set the compression to 80%. These settings should save me many gigabytes in space, none of which my members are paying for. All changes have been discussed in past forum threads and they all work fine.

Quote · 13 Mar 2017

I've set my version of Dolphin up to (a) Delete the original which can often be huge, (b) make all images 700 high/wide which is more than enough for me and (c) set the compression to 80%.

Interesting Johnk42 - how do you set this up?

Quote · 13 Mar 2017

Gif images could have been handled years ago but Boonex decided not to include it; it was discussed and even code presented that would allow animated gif images; Boonex just ignored it but of course they had no problem adding other worthless things.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 13 Mar 2017

@neotekcorp I'm attaching all the stuff I have on deleting original images, altering compression ratio etc as a PDF. It works fine for me and it should work for you. Having said that, it's possible a mistake crept in so please backup.

reducing photo sizes.pdf · 765.8K · 350 downloads
Quote · 14 Mar 2017

Alex please clarify if image.intervention now allows GIF as it looks like it does on that link you provided under supported formats.

Quote · 28 Dec 2017

@neotekcorp I'm attaching all the stuff I have on deleting original images, altering compression ratio etc as a PDF. It works fine for me and it should work for you. Having said that, it's possible a mistake crept in so please backup.

Thank you very much for this!

7.3.5 with responsive UNI
Quote · 28 Dec 2017

topic bump

When will gif format be working on Dolphin?

Quote · 25 Jul 2019

topic bump

When will gif format be working on Dolphin?

Boonex won't but perhaps it will be in our clone.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 25 Jul 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.