HELP!! Major Browser Problems!

Hi all -

I've moved into the testing phase of my site. Up until now I've just been building and viewing in Firefox.  IE and Safari totally screw up my site - For example, the Header/Nav area aren't even showing up in those browsers. And links that I had commented out are showing up, etc. etc.

Any help or advice?  The IE problem is very, very surprising...

Thanks!

DM

Quote · 14 Jun 2008

This is a coding issue and not really a browser issue. post the site so we can investigate further.

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Yeah, I realize its something with the coding - I'm just not familiar enough with the script yet to know what it is. The site is www.scrubbinup.com.

In a nutshell, the Header/Nav and Footer simply don't show up in IE or Safari, on either a PC or Mac.  Everything works perfectly in Firefox.  Even some things I've "commented out" have shown up.  For example, on the Profile Page, I commented out "My Presence" out of the top "hello functions" nav area. Ironically, that's the only thing that shows up on the view profile page on IE and Safari. (again, no header, no main nav area - just one link that says "my presence).  Strange.

Overall, I've made minor modifications. Mainly a few new pages, changing links here and there, etc., some modifications via Languages to text, etc., but nothing truly major.

Any help would be appreciated - I'm on a deadline to launch!!  :)

Thanks,

DM

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Yeah, I realize its something with the coding - I'm just not familiar enough with the script yet to know what it is. The site is www.scrubbinup.com.

In a nutshell, the Header/Nav and Footer simply don't show up in IE or Safari, on either a PC or Mac.  Everything works perfectly in Firefox.  Even some things I've "commented out" have shown up.  For example, on the Profile Page, I commented out "My Presence" out of the top "hello functions" nav area. Ironically, that's the only thing that shows up on the view profile page on IE and Safari. (again, no header, no main nav area - just one link that says "my presence).  Strange.

Overall, I've made minor modifications. Mainly a few new pages, changing links here and there, etc., some modifications via Languages to text, etc., but nothing truly major.

Any help would be appreciated - I'm on a deadline to launch!!  :)

Thanks,

DM

It seems like you fixed this as header/Nav and footer is now showing in IE 7.0 for me.

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

Yeah, thanks for the reply.  Totally my fault - I made a small mistake when I was commenting out some of the toppest menu items, and it commented out the entire header and nav area.  LOL  Whoops!  Firefox overlooked the error, but IE and Safari didn't.

A lesson in learning to be even more careful.

Thanks,

DM

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

good job on finding your mistake. i would like to suggest that all who run this script as a live site, also take the time to do a subdomain and install this script for testing purposes only. to edit on a live site is just asking for problems. also, it is a good idea, if  you are not code savvy, to make a log of what changes you made.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 23 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.