Help: Changing the age limit

I'm curious how you change the age in the Terms of Use part of the registration?  I changed it under the Admin/Advanced Settings but it's still stating 18.  Is that the lowest age that you can have?

Quote · 19 Jun 2008

Not 100% sure where you are trying to change the age requirement, but you may have to edit the file if it's in the text.

Quote · 19 Jun 2008

This is into the language file.... you have to changed there..

Kids first
Quote · 19 Jun 2008

Thank You that worked.

Quote · 19 Jun 2008

Don't edit your languages files !!!

Go to your Admin Panel - Settings - Languages Settings. Search for strings, Look for: _TERMS_OF_USE

Choose the link edit in the search result row, that will open a pop-up window. Edit the text string to fit your needs, save and recompile the languages strings to close this pop-up window.

This is the right way to edit your languages strings which will be saved in your database.

If you edit your language file, you will loose all your modifications when you will have to recompile your languages datas (mod installation, upgrade...)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 19 Jun 2008

I have a question about this one:

after made a new laguage file into admin section and translated this all... hell of job,,,

Then when I made changes to pages by builders the translated laguage file was overwritten with english settings.

This is happened every time I changed something in admin section.  Why is that happen?

I had every time again upload the saved file, to get my dutch lanaguage back.

cheers

Kids first
Quote · 19 Jun 2008

Okay, I already changed the Language file...hopefully I didn't do anything major.  It was only a small change.

My question is this:  The person I'm working on this for wants to lower the age lower than 18, and I'm curious how you do that.  I changed the age on the Admin section but when I register it tells me that you can't be younger than 18.  Is that a set "Default" and that's all the lower you can be??

Thanks.

Quote · 20 Jun 2008

@ andrewboy

I changed the age limits both in Admin Panel - Settings - Advanced Settings and in the database - Table ProfileFields - Field DateOfBirth... Working fine for me ;-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 21 Jun 2008

The above solution by michelswiss will work.

----
Quote · 21 Jun 2008

@ andrewboy

I changed the age limits both in Admin Panel - Settings - Advanced Settings and in the database - Table ProfileFields - Field DateOfBirth... Working fine for me ;-)

---------------

Okay, I did the first one...It's set where I want it to be set....now the second one where you said to go into the database...Now do you mean the database where this program is hosted and to find this file and do some editing?  I don't know "sql" so I'm not sure what i have to change and how...or is it something that I do on the admin panel?

Thanks.

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

admin/tolls datbase backup/backup strucrureand tables/see green sucess/ Bak is now stored in backups folder

now go to host admin

cpanel/phpmyadmin/DB/on left see profilefileds click it/look for Datofbirth click pencil to edit/change 18 to lower and hit go

I have video tutorials to help you mrpowless.com
Quote · 23 Jun 2008

@ andrewboy

You need to go to the Admin Panel of your host. You will probably find a software named phpMyAdmin... this is a tool to help you to manage your database.

I can do this little age limits change for you if you want. But you will need to let me know the access key to your host (URL to host admin, username and password to your database)... and doing that is really not safe :-))  If you really don't know how to alter your database, maybe you can ask your host provider ???

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

I looked at the database and I didn't find "Date of Birth" except in the Profiles section.  I didn't understand where to look, but I can go back and look.  People are saying just to go in and change the date, but I can't find it to be that easy.  I guess I will just have to look around or ask my server?

Quote · 24 Jun 2008

Look at table profile fields there you will see date of birth "18" change that. I will make a screenshot from the mine....

screenshot

Kids first
Quote · 24 Jun 2008

Here is a look at my screen:

Quote · 24 Jun 2008

you have to look if there on that row is some entry for the age... there is no other place for that.

Kids first
Quote · 24 Jun 2008

Hey andrewboy!

Umm well you are in the wrong table...

The table u r browsing (the img u attached) is "Profiles" table. You have to look into "ProfileFields" table. View its records, there would be record with "Name" = "DateOfBirth" ... you can change min and max values there.

:)

Quote · 25 Jun 2008

oh and another option can be... in Admin goto Builders -> Field Builder

click on DateOfBirth , move to advanced tab in the window appeared...there you would see Min and Max values...you can update there.

Quote · 25 Jun 2008

Thanks to All...Thanks Abstract, that helped.

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

Hi Everyone,

I have followed all of the information in this topic, checked the data base, the admin settings, changed the value in the profile builder and I still have the error that states you must be 18 to join. Is there some other area that I have to make the chage in?

Cheers

Greg

Quote · 30 Aug 2008

Why is everyone messing with the database instead of admin panel?  (much easier and less chance of error)

Admin > Settings > Navigation Menu Builder > Fields Builder > Join Form > Active Items > Misc Info > DateOfBirth > Advanced > Minimum value:

I made one change here to 14 and it changed the appropriate "Minimum exceed error message:" automatically to:
"You cannot join the site if you are younger than 14 years"

You can even change the wording of the messages on the Admin > Settings > Navigation Menu Builder > Fields Builder > Join Form > Active Items > Misc Info > DateOfBirth > Messages tab  ..... 

Quote · 31 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.