Help tutorials for members

I wrote some help tutorials for members in .doc. How do I import these help tutorials with print screen shots to the default help menu on boonex. Do I need to change file type to html or pdf to also show print screent shots...please help

Quote · 10 Dec 2017

Using .Doc files or screen shots would be the worst way to do this. Microsoft Office fills .doc files with hidden formatting code which is almost unreadable by most other programs. Save your .doc files to .rtf which is what Wordpad uses. This is a pretty universal formatting system and one I've never struck trouble with. Use Save As and select rtf as the file type.

To use screenshots you would have to add a link to your Help text. They may look terrible.

Dolphin's HELP and FAQ pages aren't accessible through page builder as far as I can see. The contents are stored in the language file, so go to admin/settings/language settings and enter Help or FAQ as the filter. This example uses FAQ. Look for  _FAQ_INFO (System)  and click edit. You will see how the page is constructed.

To create your own formatted text, go to a page that has TinyMce Editor. Events for example. Create a new event but don't save it. Use the editor to design your page. When you're happy, click the Tools button and choose Source. Copy the contents and paste it into String Text For English Language in the language key.

Go back to the FAQ and view the result.

If you wish to avoid this trauma, I strongly recommend Modzzz Advanced FAQ. It works like a charm.

https://www.boonex.com/m/Ultimate_FAQ

Quote · 11 Dec 2017

Thanks John..I think, I'll purchase Modzz advanced FAQ just to be on the safe side

Quote · 11 Dec 2017

You won't be wasting your money. I'm using it and it works fine.

Quote · 11 Dec 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.