Hide avatar & cover photo from outline. How?

I don't want the avatar and cover photos of my website members to appear in the outline, cause on signing up it doesn't mention their profile picture will be visible to public plus will be highlighted in outline. I have searched through past post but haven't found the answer. When i try to hide from bx_wall_handler. It just hide all the pictures from the outline. The other way is to set the default privacy of photo, set to friends (5) instead of public (3) in sys_privacy_actions but again user will keep it that way and outline will have very few photos. I just want avatar and cover photos not to appear in outline. rest of the albums can have default public privacy. Any solution.

Also if some one have the solution to the privacy of the content inside the timeline. even if you change the privacy to only me. content will still be available in photo and video. audio go private.

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Profile-Timeline-issues-.htm

Umar Haroon
Quote · 11 Aug 2015

Any suggestion plz..any code to just block them from appearing in outline. It would be a life saver.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 3 Oct 2015

Hello MoonSoon,

there's no need to remove any code in order for you to achieve what you want to do and here is how.

Open your Dolphin admin panel and go to modules+timeline, and from there you'll see to sections one for timeline, and the other one for outline, click on any of the functions you want to get removed and save it. If you want to remove more than one, just keep (Ctrl) pressed down and select as many as you like and done. Hope this help, have a great day.

Quote · 3 Oct 2015

thanks for reply. I know how to do that but this way all the photos will be blocked in outline. I just want the profile photo and cover photo to not appear in outline and if possible also not in photo home. Problem is when a user make the profile photo private it doesn't show on profile for others. I want it to work like the facebook and flickr, where users profile photo in larger version is only available to those who are allowed to view it and smaller version of the same photo is available for all. For that i am trying to use avatar module as a default so small thumbs could be generated for public despite the user put their profile photo album on private mode.  Problem is it doesn't show thumb on Cover block if its on private mode.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 3 Oct 2015

So i finally figured out how to stop profile photos and cover photos appearing in Outline and Timeline. Solution is if you want to add a profile photo, just upload the photo but don't click the submit button. This way your photo will be updated but it won't appear in Outline/Timeline but it will appear in "photos home". Any way I have hidden the photos in navigation from the members, so no problem for me. But one problem is left which i have to solve or any help would be appreciated, I don't want the submit button to perform its action, instead when a user click it, it should take the user back to their profile page.

Umar Haroon
Quote · 4 Mar 2016

i know i have to redirect  the button to

{memberLink}|{memberNick}|change_status.php

but i can't find a way to edit that submit button. Undecided

Umar Haroon
Quote · 4 Mar 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.