HostForWeb does not support the new Media Server

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the hosting company HostForWeb does not support the new Media Server that is required for the new version 7.04.  Please let me know if anyone finds a host that supports the newer version and the Media Server Version too.

Thanks

Please visit michaelsofmaryland.com & fatwow.com
Quote · 25 Nov 2010

Did they flat-out refuse to update their media server, or are they doing it at a later date? It seems unlikely to me that they'd risk compatibility issues for any reason. You could also try their VPS packages, where you can update it yourself.

If you wish to move to a new hosting provider, I recommend Terabyte Hosting Solutions, which is run by DosDawg here at Unity. Their servers are customized solely for Dolphin and their plans also come with media server service included. I'm not sure if they're offering the new media server version right now, but if not, they should soon.

Edit: I've moved this topic to the hosting forums.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 25 Nov 2010

I have a VPS on hostforweb and they supported it for me just fine.

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 26 Nov 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.