Hosting Dolphin w/ HostForWeb.com

I'm curious to know who is using www.hostforweb.com to host any of their boonex software?  We just started with them on 13-Jun-2008, but we're already feeling the early pains of good customer support.

The phone numbers are not working and e-mail support appears to be taking longer and longer to get answered.

It's way too early to really complain, but support does seem slow.

Who's using this hosting service and what are your thoughts...?

Rich

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

I use their hosting and I got suspended twice last saturday during an upgrade and the fact that cupid mails reached over one million anyhow, they got me unsuspended real quick like and I've had great success working with one of their support people named Chris....try using your personal email instead of making out a support ticket that has always worked for me but, if you plan on having a lot of members it's probably best to go with a dedicated server and hostforweb is really expensive. I haven't looked much into finding another host until I can afford it. One time they billed me for $25,000 and I got a VPS which is only $59.95....that's the only problem I've had with them.

Rob

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

If you search the forum and blog you will find the stories of people who have had their accounts hacked and re-directs or spam mailers put on their sites.. this only seems to happen on HFW. I'm guessing it is because they have php set up differently than 99% of the other hosts.. but I'm sure everyone on here is tired of hearing me whine :-)

Mike

http://www.makeasocialnetwork.com

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Yeah, I forgot that I was hacked but, that was ages ago.

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

So you have been suspended twice, billed $25,000 AND got hacked?!? Good lord... my experience wasn't so bad I guess :-)

M

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Yeah, I wish I could play that song backwards.

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

whine on. because it isnt right to have the script author reccommend a host where it isnt actually the best place to host your site. i have had major problems with HFW. if you have your site hosted on there and you send in a support ticket, and this is from experience not rumor or gossip, but you send in a support ticket, and the first thing they say, is they dont support the dolphin script.

i would strongly advised to stay as far away from them as possible.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Then where do I go.  Nothing has happened yet, so I can do anything I want.  I don't want to start off on the wrong foot, so who offers the best bang for the buck?  How has the best support, speed and a reasonable price?

My site isn't even installed yet, even though it was paid for 24 hours ago.

Rich

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Dolphin Geeks offer 15GB for for $24.95 that's the cheapest deal I've checked into so far...

You might try to contact them.

www.dolphingeeks.com

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Some of you may find the link below very interesting on some VPS hosting companies.

http://hosting-review.com/top-10-lists/top-10-vps-hosts.shtml?gclid=CPnmoujA9ZMCFRZjnAod3BxZVg

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Dolphin Geeks offer 15GB for for $24.95 that's the cheapest deal I've checked into so far...

You might try to contact them.

www.dolphingeeks.com

This could work.  Are they located in the USA?

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Yes, the are in the U.S. even if you don't do their hosting they have other services like Dolphin install, Dolphin support and a number of othe things.

Rob

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

Hi,

I'm running http://avhow.com/index.php at HostForWeb.

So far I have had no problems and the speed of the site is way faster than my older hosts Godaddy (who dont support Dolphin).

When I first signed up for HFW I asked them about Dolphin. They said to remember that they offer no support for the script and if I had problems I should contact Boonex direct.

However whenever I have had problems (just a couple of times) I just used the "Live Customer Service" link on the front page. A technician type person came on within 1 minute and sorted out my troubles.

So far, every time i have had dealings with them, they've been helpful.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 15 Jun 2008

I just  went and checked out their site.. but It's sorta confusing. Is that $24.95 a month for a VPS??? Because if that is shared hosting that is NUTS.. all the major hosting companies now offer unlimited bandwidth and unlimited disk space for $6.95 or LESS a month!!

And Max, we aren't saying HFW isn't friendly.. we are saying they are unsecure :-)

Quote · 16 Jun 2008

We have our server built to support dolphin.

Check it here. http://cpanel.happy-hosting.com

----
Quote · 17 Jun 2008

Hi,

Just an update. I finally gave up n Host For Web. Every time I had a problem with my site I would get help from Boonex. Boonex would log-in and within minutes my site would get locked so noone could access the files. After the 3rd time of talking to Host For Web and asking thm to unlock my site I took Mscotts advice and got the hell out of dodge.

Hostmonster is working well for me now and they have unlimited hosting so I'm hoping when my site gets big and popular I wont run into any more problems.

Cheers

Max

Quote · 11 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.