How to change URL rewriting

Hi,

I need to translate URLs to make my site more Google friendly. I understand I have to modify the .htaccess with new URLs but where do I have to modify URLs structure ? Would be nice for the future to manage URLs directly from admin.

Thanks for your help !

Quote · 20 May 2008

look at your htaccess the mod_rewrite should already be written in there. if not give me a shout and i will get it to you. or look in your zipped file where you downloaded dolphin. what version are you running? let me know, will assist you where i can.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 20 May 2008

Thanks a lot. URL rewriting is OK on my site. I would like to translate the words (blog, events, groups,etc.) into my language.

Example :

www.mysite.com/events/ --> www.mysite.com/evenements

I know I have to modify htaccess redirections but where do I have to change the link rewriting ?

Thanks !

Quote · 21 May 2008

Make the .htacess file contents according to your needs. For this you should have knowledge of writing apche rewrite rules.

----
Quote · 21 May 2008

Hi,

.htaccess just translate rewrited URL's to srvers URLs. I think I have to change the way URLs are builded, in the code ?

Quote · 22 May 2008

Yes, you are right. I am sorry for the wrong post.

For this you have to edit all the files there.

----
Quote · 22 May 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.