How to create a new template ?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to customize my site and would need to modify some core files in base template, such as _header.html, sub_header.html, page_1.html, and some php script, how can I do that? By copying theses files in tmpl_uni or in a new template? Will these files be overriden?

Thank you very much for your help

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

Start here: http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DolDesign

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to customize my site and would need to modify some core files in base template, such as _header.html, sub_header.html, page_1.html, and some php script, how can I do that? By copying theses files in tmpl_uni or in a new template? Will these files be overriden?

Thank you very much for your help

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

Thanks! I see better how to proceed, there is just this sentence that I don't really understand (english is not my mothertongue..) "To override some PHP class (as a very basic example) you need to copy the function from the base class and place to yours to start making modifications in it. It is strongly prohibited to copy the whole PHP class, or all functions from the base class. Such modifications make you more flexible in designing new templates, but it requires some basic knowledge of PHP." How should I process with php files?

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.