How to move members from one Dolphin to other

I have a Dolphin 6.0.0003. Tried to update it to 6.1.2 via instructions, but update fails. upgrade.60_61.web.php fiel return errors like:

Step 6/7 (convert table of profile fields)...
MySQL Error: Duplicate entry '_FieldCaption_NickName_View' for key 2. Query: INSERT INTO `LocalizationKeys` (`Key`, `IDCategory`) SELECT '_FieldCaption_NickName_View', `IDCategory` FROM `LocalizationKeys` WHERE `ID` = '493'

So is it possible to install new 6.1.4 Dolphin and just move members from old 6.0.0003 to new 6.1.4. There will be exact same membres, no need to add them to DB, just move all?

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

Someone verify this for me, but I think if you do a backup of your profiles table, and then copy that table to the /backup directory of your new install, you can do a restore and should get all of your member data back.  There are probably a bunch of other tables you will want to import as well.

Rob

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

caltrade,

wasnt it determined that you shouldnt run the upgrade.php on this upgrade, that it caused problems? i remember doing this upgrade and manually doing the sql update, and not running the upgrade.php file. that was months ago though. as for

you would need to do a compare on the two tables and make sure all the columns are the same, and it may be that you have to reconfigure your data to match that table if that table has changed. i know there was a good bit of database manipulation from 6.0 to 6.1, but as stated, that was months ago, and i refuse now to try to update an install that is aged past 6.1.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 24 Aug 2008

Dosdawg - you absolutely should not do an upgrade on an upgrade (i.e. run the install script twice)  - it will totally screw things up, plus you are right (and I think Boonex has admitted) the upgrade from 6.0 to other versions doesn't work well at all.   In this case, exexo wants to know if he can do a fresh install, and then move his members to the new systems.  I say he can by doing it one table at a time- that is how I put my system back together.  It was a pain but I didn't have any problems with fields matching or anything like that - but I did this for an early version of 6.1. to 6.1.4.   What he didn't tell us is if he still has an operational system- if he doesn't he couldn't make those tables anyway.  If he does, he should be able to rebuild his system.

Rob

Quote · 24 Aug 2008

Finaly I managed to move members: unfortunately all tables from 6.0.0003 are different from new 6.1.4. So I had to delete fieltd, add others and etc manualy. finaly members were moved, but I lost some details and etc because of deleted fields or just because I had no time to compare all data tables.

All perfect but for a few hours, then members repost that page look messy in Ie6 (or even some IE7). No problem in Safari or Firefox. I am going crazy about all that Dolphin problems.

screenshot

Quote · 25 Aug 2008

It worked for a few hours?  Does that make any sense?  I don't even have a good guess- maybe something with Chron?  Could it be a browser cache issue?  This is a weird one.

Rob

-

p.s.  maybe it would help if you posted your url if you don't mind.

Quote · 25 Aug 2008

Hey Rob...

Here is his link....http://www.wheyhey.com/community/index.php

It was on top of image.

~~ Lorren

It worked for a few hours?  Does that make any sense?  I don't even have a good guess- maybe something with Chron?  Could it be a browser cache issue?  This is a weird one.

Rob

-

p.s.  maybe it would help if you posted your url if you don't mind.

Quote · 25 Aug 2008

Yes, that is link (at image). And they said that problem is only at photo page. It looks OK at my IE6, but that 2 members (one is my boss, owner of site) said that it is a mess on their IE6/7 and provided me that image screenshot. They said all other pages look OK, just to fix photo page ... and I have no idea where is problem, can't even see it and test it at my side.

I hope someone got and soved that already so can help me with idea.

Again url: http://www.wheyhey.com/community/photo/all/10/1

Quote · 26 Aug 2008

i know there was a good bit of database manipulation from 6.0 to 6.1, but as stated, that was months ago, and i refuse now to try to update an install that is aged past 6.1.

No wonder I've broken my site trying to update from 5.6 to the latest version. Now I'm looking at doing a fresh install, and I'm trying to find out how to get my existing user database info into the new one.

CALTRADE, if I backup tables from the old database to add to the new one - WHICH TABLES? I haven't found any documentation about this on Boonex - does it exist?

exoexo - I was having a similar problem on my upgraded site, only it never worked, not even for a few hours. Wasn't seeing the header file and not displaying any CSS.

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

See your other thread gnubler  .....

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

See your other thread gnubler  .....

I'm there...thanks. Tongue out

Quote · 10 Sep 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.