How to restrict Chat+ to certain memberships?

Hello,

How to restrict Chat+ to certain membership levels? I can see that any registered member can access the chat+.

How to restrict access to let's say Standard, Silver members etc. I don't want the standard members to have access to chat+, only paid members.

In Admin => Membership Levels => Actions I don't see Chat+.

Any help shall be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Quote · 14 Dec 2017

Does anyone have an idea? Please help. Thanks.

Quote · 18 Dec 2017

Hello DigitZup!

As Chat+ is 3rd part software and available via iframe then there is no big problems to use it outside of Dolphin when membership level will expire. You may modify PHP code in method actionView (\modules\boonex\chat_plus\BxChatPlusModule.php file) and adding new membership action "use chat +" in \modules\boonex\chat_plus\install\sql\install.sql and uninsitall.sql). In this way users without permissions will see "Access denied" in demo.boonex.com/m/chat_plus/view/.

With the best regards, Leonid

Quote · 20 Dec 2017

Hello DigitZup!

As Chat+ is 3rd part software and available via iframe then there is no big problems to use it outside of Dolphin when membership level will expire. You may modify PHP code in method actionView (\modules\boonex\chat_plus\BxChatPlusModule.php file) and adding new membership action "use chat +" in \modules\boonex\chat_plus\install\sql\install.sql and uninsitall.sql). In this way users without permissions will see "Access denied" in demo.boonex.com/m/chat_plus/view/.

Hi LeonidS,

Thanks for taking your time to answer me. Yes it makes sense. Being a 3rd party software it can be accessed outside of Dolphin when membership level expires.

Well, I've been trying to figure out how to restrict the chat access to Paid users only, not the Standard members. Since the Chat is a good attraction on Dolphin, It might be a good way to force standard members to upgrade their membership.

Any idea on the modification to apply to \modules\boonex\chat_plus\classes\BxChatPlusModule.php file and to the database?

Thanks for helping.

Quote · 29 Dec 2017

Anyone, any idea? Please, Alex can you jump in this chat+ question?

Quote · 4 Jan 2018

Hello 

This is a custom modification. You need to post your request in our Jobs section. If you want to make to do it by yourself then you need to see example in Gropus module. How is used there method isAllowedView in modules/boonex/classes/BxGroupsModule.php and check how look record "groups view group" in `sys_acl_actions` table. Usually this example is enough for using / adding new membership  action and code which work with it.

Quote · 5 Jan 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.