I'm So Newb How to edit the front page news feed.

So I go to my home page and see a frame that says Boonex News. How do I work with that and change the articles? And add new ones.

Quote · 4 Jul 2016

You can remove that one and add one of your own. Just go to:

http://YourWebSite.Com/administration/pageBuilder.php?Page=index

Maake sure you change YourWebSite.Com to your domain name..

Quote · 4 Jul 2016

Is there a way to edit the articles in that frame?

Quote · 4 Jul 2016

No,

If you want news on your site then install the news module and add its block to homepage.

so much to do....
Quote · 4 Jul 2016

No,

If you want news on your site then install the news module and add its block to homepage.

you must be bored...

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 5 Jul 2016

I wish I was bored with lots of money

Quote · 5 Jul 2016

I'm just having trouble wrapping my mind around this, it's not very intuitive, but once I get a walk thru I'll be good to go.

Quote · 5 Jul 2016

So I go to my home page and see a frame that says Boonex News. How do I work with that and change the articles? And add new ones.

I'm sorry.

That is a default block, in the page builder section. You will be able to "drag" blocks to and from any page.

The Boonex news block cannot be edited and can be removed. 

To edit your "Articles or News" on the index, you will need to add news and articles in the administration page.

i.e. to add news use yoursite.com/m/news/admin/

Quote · 5 Jul 2016

Do I first create a category? Then go to the news module and create an article? What is the home page called on the builders menu. I don't see anything that matches it. So that I can delete the boonex news and add my news.

Quote · 5 Jul 2016

Do I first create a category? Then go to the news module and create an article? What is the home page called on the builders menu. I don't see anything that matches it. So that I can delete the boonex news and add my news.

Yes, you will create categories within the news/articles module,

The index page is aka "homepage" and that is in the list, which should be alphabetical. 

add news category.JPG · 43.8K · 584 views
page builder homepage.jpg · 122.5K · 628 views
Quote · 5 Jul 2016

Note that you can also create RSS news feeds blocks as well.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Jul 2016

I see that is what the Boonex News in when you first install Dolphin. The Caption Lang Key says _Boonex News and the url is https://www.boonex.com/notes/featured_posts/?rss=1

Where do I create the caption?

And it looks like any featured article is displayed under the link.

Am I on the right track?

Quote · 5 Jul 2016

Where do I create the caption?

Please read this, it is dated but most is still relevant.

https://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/TutorialHowToPersonalizeYourDolphinSite

Quote · 5 Jul 2016

O you want me to RTFM :) jk

Quote · 5 Jul 2016

Hi Smurphy. If you don't read and familiarise yourself with any software platform, you will have a million and one questions which will take time to answer each and every one.

You need to read, familiarise yourself with the platform and ask the questions that are challenging you.

Am not criticising, but the questions you're asking above shows you haven't done this. They are extremely basic questions. You'll always find people here to help, but it'll take you a long long time (and frustration) to design the system you want, if you haven't spent the time to read and learn.

Quote · 5 Jul 2016

You are criticizing me dude what a troll, I did read it. Some of us learn differently. Now that I have a picture in my head and where to begin I'll be ok. AND what's wrong with newbie questions even if they did not read the manual. I so want to cuss right now lol.

Thanks newton27 and geek girl for pointing me in the right direction.

Quote · 5 Jul 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.