IM offline

Hey there,

I have a issue with my Instant Messenger. After click on the presence link the window open and my friends will display as online. After inviting them to a one to one chat there status changed to offline and we can´t chat. Does anyone knew where is the bug? using the latest dolphin and ray version

Quote · 26 May 2008

Got the same problem here. Both with ad-free and free versions of Ray IM. Dont't find any solution. I'm waiting for a response from Ray Expertz.

Tell me if you find anything !

Thanks.

Quote · 29 May 2008

Do you know if the other person was truely online?  I think there's  a lag where the system sees then online for a little while even after they log off.

Quote · 29 May 2008
Is that not because the time gap between the disconnection of the users and the display of the user as online ?

Admin Panel - Advanced Settings - Time period in minutes within which a member is considered to be online

Setting a low value for this option will show really online users
Setting a high value for this option will show really online users and already disconnected users
Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 29 May 2008

I have this same issue no matter what I set the online time to in admin.  Still says the online users are offline when I try to send them an IM.  If anyone has a solution to this, please shoot me a PM.

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

I heard that a patch correcting this issue will come soon...

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 3 Jun 2008

i cant even get the IM to show as registered. ... when i bought ADFREE presence i didnt get a code for the IM.

this is a buggy system and i get no reply from support other then 1 week later "check if you have the current version " reply.

i now understand... boonex calls the im system "MESSENGER" in ray .. but calls it Ray Audio/Video Messenger in the unity shopping cart. i thought they were 2 different apps.

all is working now that bought a new RAY AUDIO/VIDEO MESSENGER key.

Quote · 3 Jun 2008

so they claim they're patching this...yet...uh...when? come on guys...how do you expect people to want to buy an ad-free version when your ad-supported version is not working?

Quote · 11 Jun 2008

so they claim they're patching this...yet...uh...when? come on guys...how do you expect people to want to buy an ad-free version when your ad-supported version is not working?

Totally agree.....when and where is the patch....or will we have to be a paying member of Expertezz?

Quote · 12 Jun 2008

Totally agree.....when and where is the patch....or will we have to be a paying member of Expertezz?

These guys are a fucking joke. Seriously. I don't think they know what the problem is and they're just stalling. How many people have paid for the ad-free IM(like me) and gotten ZERO support? I'm about to start a chargeback on paypal if I don't get a response on this soon, as this is clearly not what I paid for. $40 to sit around with my thumb up my ass while they pretend there's a patch coming...sweet.

Quote · 14 Jun 2008

OK, I've installed the 6.1.2 patch in hopes of fixing the Instant Messanger issue but still the same problem.  When I click on Web Presence and then try to instant message someone that's in the list, the IM box comes up but always indicates the user is offline.  This makes the IM function useless!  Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

Quote · 22 Jun 2008

Here's the solution to the IM problem showing all members offline:

In \ray\modules\im\inc\functions.inc.php find:
function getUserOnlineStatus($sUser, $sRecipient)

Replace with:
function getUserOnlineStatus($sRecipient, $sUser)

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

Here's the solution to the IM problem showing all members offline:

In \ray\modules\im\inc\functions.inc.php find:
function getUserOnlineStatus($sUser, $sRecipient)

Replace with:
function getUserOnlineStatus($sRecipient, $sUser)

I have the same problem...

and tryed it you wrote, but no success...

I even don't get invitation from another users to chat in IM. I tested it so meny time and my value for online/offline is 50 min. but still can't use IM :(

I hope somebody will come with answer, ...soon Undecided

Quote · 26 Jun 2008

It worked for me! woohoo finally! Or could it be that I have RMS service now? Hmmm...I guess I should of tried the instant messenger before I updated the file?

Dolaugh

Quote · 26 Jun 2008

Working for me with dolphin 6.1.2 and free im. Make sure your flash plugins are current in your browser.

Quote · 28 Jun 2008

i think boonex should check this code as reference how to fix the problem. anyone here can use it for dolphin cms..?

http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/imran7000/2010/03/12/check-member-user-online-or-offline-status

1. Make a field last_visit (DATETIME) in MEMBER Table.

2. For APP CONTROLLER.

Component Class:

<?php  
class AppController extends Controller {         
/* 

* beforeRender() function will run on every visit of the website 
*/ 
function beforeRender() 
{             
### UPDATE LAST VISIT ### 
$online_offline_status = 0
if (
$this->Session->check('userId')==true){ // Checking for the SESSION - Proceed only if MEMBER/USER is logged in. 
$this->loadModel('Member'); // Loading MEMBER Model 

// UPDATE MEMBER VISIT TIME 
$last_visit = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time()); 
$this->Member->updateAll(array('Member.last_visit' => '"'.$last_visit.'"'), array('Member.id' => $this->Session->read('userId'))); 

// GET TIME DIFFERENCE 
$member_last_visit = $this->Member->find('first', array('conditions' => array('Member.id' => $this->Session->read('userId')))); 
$current_time = strtotime(date("Y-m-d H:i:s")); // CURRENT TIME 
$last_visit = strtotime($member_last_visit['Member']['last_visit']); // LAST VISITED TIME 

$time_period = floor(round(abs($current_time - $last_visit)/60,2)); //CALCULATING MINUTES

//IF YOU WANT TO CALCULATE DAYS THEN USER THIS 
//$time_period = floor(round(abs($current_time - $last_visit)/60,2)/1440);

echo $time_period
if (
$time_period <= 10){ 
$online_offline_status = 1; // Means User is ONLINE 
} else { 
$online_offline_status = 0; // Means User is OFFLINE 

}     
$this->set('online_offline_status', $online_offline_status); 

}
//end beforeRender()             

?>

3. Simply use the following code in your .ctp file according to your demand.

View Template:

<!-- IF USER IS OFFLINE --> 
<?php if ($online_offline_status == 0){ ?> 
<span style="color:#FF0000;">(Member/User is Offline)</span> 

<!-- IF USER IS OFFLINE --> 
<?php } else if ($online_offline_status == 1) {?> 
<span style="color:#669900;">(Member/User is Online)</span> 
<?php }?>
Quote · 9 Feb 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.